CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 08-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
Josh Petersen

Profile:
Just wanted to introduce myself. I discovered crossfit through Mark Twight's bio on the Grivel climbing equipment website (they make really freaking nice stuff, by the way). After doing alot of reading on the web to find out what it was all about, I dove in. I am loving it, the workouts are about as fun and torturous as a sufferfest could be, and the resulting fitness is amazing.

My wife and I are climbing, backcountry skiing, mountain biking fanatics, and I can't imagine a system that will better prepare us for the sports we love to do. Coach, you rock. Thanks for giving us an instructional manual for pain and suffering, I dig it.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
Peter Queen

Profile:
Welcome Josh. There are a lot of skiers here, I’m not one. However, I believe Marianne Denton is somewhere near your part of the country and she is into a lot of backcountry skiing. All the skiers that are here, as well as everyone else, just love the CF program and how it enhances their overall performance on the powder, so you are not alone. People like Marianne and Zach Davis to name a few would be more than helpful in giving you any specific info on your sport. If I am not mistaken I think I remember reading recently about Zach opening up a CrossFit facility in Reno. Anyway, enjoy and ask a lot of questions because you will get a lot of helpful info from anyone and everyone. Here is a link to a recent post that discusses a similiar topic on climbing (ice/rock) and such.http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/20/25962.html
Enjoy your future with CrossFit.:Welcome:
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
Josh Petersen

Profile:
Peter, thanks for the link to that thread, and for the welcome. I found alot of good info in there, and it also reinforced some thoughts I had on squeezing climbing into WOD's.

Love that avatar, by the way.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
Zach Davis

Profile:
Josh,

Lucky you, living in SLC... I've been getting there a few times a year for the OR show. 2 winters ago, we hit the South Face of Superior... awesome ride.

If you make it out to the Tahoe area, look us up. I'm typically down for some "steeps".

Zach
Old 08-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #5
Josh Petersen

Profile:
Hi Zach,

Yeah, I really do feel lucky to live here, Salt Lake is an awesome city, although I have been spending some time around Lake Tahoe, and I have to admit, I really like your neck of the woods.

I will definitely hit you up if we are in the area for some steeps, and I'd love to check out your gym. Good luck with getting it going. Next time you are in SLC, email me, love to get out and climb, ski, or talk about either.

Josh