CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
Ian Wilson

Profile:
Ian Wilson

I have been lurching here at the boards for almost a year with just a few posts here and there. I started 50 days of 150 pushups with Allison on the 28th of October and have been posting my results in her log since then. I Thought that maybe it was about time to start my own log. So here goes...

I started playing around with CrossFit about a year ago and then began to do the workouts a little more seriously after Christmas last year. I had lifted weights and "worked out" for about 10 years and have always played different sports, but none of it prepared me for CrossFit. I had thought that I was in good shape until I tried Angie for my first real workout. Boy was I mistaken. It took me 35 minutes to complete it the first time and I suffered the whole way through. That was enough to compell me to learn the kipping pullup.

I have since somewhat mastered the kipping pullup, muscleups, HSPU's, snatches, cleans, jerks, and a variety of other CrossFit related exercises. Just to show you how much I like the Kool-Aid, I took my rings with me on my honeymoon this summer!

So here is my log and I will do my best to keep it up to date and as accurate as possible.

185#/M/27/6'2"
Day 8 of 50 days of 150 pushups, sets of 15
30 MU for time: 10:40 (PR by 7:20)
Death by Pullups: I got to 11 rounds before my shoulders had had enough and I am very dissapointed with my performance. I will retry next week at the start of the workout
Old 11-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Ian Wilson

Profile:
Re: Ian Wilson

Day 2 of logging online. (11/05/08)

I did the main site WOD (AMRAP in 20 min of 10 PU's and 10 65# thrusters) and got 12 rounds. I have been working some odd hours lately and was up for 21 hours working and then had a 4 hour sleep before this one. I think with more rest I could get 15 rounds.

I have worked in 45 of my 150 pushups for the day today and will bang out the remainder in sets of 15 throughout the day.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #3
Ian Wilson

Profile:

Yesterday was day 10 of 150 pushups and a rest day. I broke all pushups into sets of 25 which made it a little more challenging for me. I am hoping that by the end of day 20, the sets of 25 will be a breeze and I can move on to doing more on my first set. I would like to get to 3 sets of 50 by the end of 50 days.

I played around with hand stands and ran some laps at the park with the dog.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Ian Wilson

Profile:

I have been getting all of my pushups in every day and it has not always been easy. Due to work being pretty crazy right now, I have had a couple of days where my first set was as soon as I got out of bed and my last was just before I got back in. I am still doing sets of 25 and they are getting easier for sure, I just don't think it is happening as fast as I would have liked.

Saturday I was at my parents farm and took my rings along for the trip. I did a quick workout.
5 rounds of 5 Muscleups, 300 m run = 11:40
I need a workout that will take me a little longer. I am hoping that I will be able to get today's main site WOD in tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Ian Wilson

Profile:

Today was 14 hours at work (I'm still there right now) so I won't get a WOD in but I have gotten all of my pushups done.

I played hockey on Sunday night and tweaked something in my groin stretching for a puck. This is the first year in at least 5 that I have been able to commit to a team and play a full season. It has been incredible that I feel winded when I get off the ice but within 30 seconds of sitting on the bench I am ready to skate just as hard again. CrossFit kicks A$$!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Ian Wilson

Profile:

I was able to get a workout in today finally. My right shoulder has been bothering me and I'm not sure if it is a strain due to all of the pushups that I have been doing bu it started to hurt after the heavy thrusters I did last week. My left shoulder has been wonky for quite awhile now but my right laways felt good. Now they are both pretty sore and I think I will try to do some WOD's that will involve very little shoulder movement. I'm sure whether I should continue with the 150 pushups a day or not. I am 17 days in and it seems like such a waste to give up now.

Anyway, I did 50 of my pushups at work this morning in sets of 25 and then worked the other 100 into my WOD.

5 rounds for time of:
5 inverted burpees (these were great fun and I will definitely include more of them in my WOD's now)
10 pullups
15 70# hanging squat snatch
20 pushups
= 25:50

I was not feeling it all today. My crappy diet lately (just not enough food) and my crazy work schedule left me with very little energy. I will be done this damn bank job mid next week and I can start getting back to kickin' a$$!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Ian Wilson

Profile:

My shoulder is still bothering me and I now think that it may be a little bit of tendinitis due to the high rep sets of pushups I have been doing every day. I think I am going to drop my sets down to 10 reps for a while to see if my shoulder gets any better. I am only on day 21 of 50 for the pushups so I don't want to give up yet.

WOD - DL: 5,3,3,3,1,1,1,1,1
5x185
3x235, 265, 295
1x345, 365, 385, 395, 405

My form was shot for the last two lifts but the rest felt pretty good. I need bumpers so that I don't have to lower the weights down gently. I think that it could really help.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
Ian Wilson

Profile:

I spent yesterday working on my new bathroom in the basement and when I noticied the time, I had to hit the shower and go off to work. I was really looking forward to getting a nice WOD in too. I did get some running in at the park with the dog though.

I did all of the plumbing for the new bathroom today but I did my WOD before I started just to make sure that I would have time.

3 Rounds for Time:
20 - 45# DB Swings
40 - 45# Push Press
60 - Squats
= 12:47
Everything felt pretty good except for the squats. My knee was feeling a little rough after the heavy deads on Sunday. I need to do them more often I guess to get that knee used to rhe heavy stuff.

Still rockin' the 150 push ups per day (day 23)