CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #5571
Matt Bahen

Profile:
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Those FSs + the water park trip + 'Nicole' in the afternoon = Mom of the Year fo sho!!

May not have been much for a superstar like you but 5x5s are always more than "that's it" girl & you know it!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #5572
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bahen View Post
Those FSs + the water park trip + 'Nicole' in the afternoon = Mom of the Year fo sho!!

May not have been much for a superstar like you but 5x5s are always more than "that's it" girl & you know it!
Gotta agree with Matt, Christin. Your kids have it really good! (Yikes on my grammar usage).

I love your WO log entry....."Some pullups, that's it!...." Kinda like a Walter Cronkite sign-off......."and that's the way it is...."

Have fun with "Nicole." Going to give her a shot myself - - hoping the legs hold out for the runs.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #5573
Gordon Cooke

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bahen View Post

Agreed. Lucky kids to have a super hero for a Mom
Old 08-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #5574
Christin Street

Profile:

I've been really busy with life lately but starting today NO EXCUSES for missing a WOD!! For those of you reading this that have been making excuses for yourselves I challenge you to do the same. Part of the beauty of CrossFit is the MINIMAL time required to get in great shape. Just think while others are running and cycling for hours or doing the 1 hour cardio/1 hour weights routine, we're done in about 30 minutes (with a few nasty exceptions like Murph, 10K). That's 1/48th of your day! COME ON PEOPLE!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

@CFED
For time
30-20-10 of
Goblet Squats, 35w, 55m
DB Swings, 35w, 55m
Double Unders
RX Time=7:38

then
@ School Track a few hours later...
Nicole
AMRAP in 20 min
Run 400m
Max # pullups, no coming off the bar
9-7-7-6-6-5-3= 43+ run about 100m before time was up
No PR but this is the 1st time I've had the rule of not dropping off the bar. Used underhand grip. My kips were pretty bad after 4-5reps but managed to eek out the others from a deadhang. Running felt strong and fast.

I always say this when Nicole pops up.... this was the very first CF WOD I did in March '08 (it's not in this log though) and I got 6 rounds with 7 hard-fought pullups!

Last edited by Christin Street : 08-01-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #5575
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

.......I've been really busy with life lately but starting today NO EXCUSES for missing a WOD!! For those of you reading this that have been making excuses for yourselves I challenge you to do the same. Part of the beauty of CrossFit is the MINIMAL time required to get in great shape. Just think while others are running and cycling for hours or doing the 1 hour cardio/1 hour weights routine, we're done in about 30 minutes (with a few nasty exceptions like Murph, 10K). That's 1/48th of your day! COME ON PEOPLE!.........

Christin,

Thanks for the great post and challenge. I hear you and I am soooooo IN! I've had a ton of excuses lately and a couple of nagging minor injuries to help slow me down a bit. The fact is, I've worked at ramping it up and it feels sooooooo good!

BTW, Great work on both WODs. Props on your pull-ups and number of rounds for Nicole! (This was my first time with it - - has to be one of my new favorites). Great job on the CFED programming (whoever put that one together) and great time! You must have gotten your DUs down since I saw you in May.....Awesome!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #5576
Christin Street

Profile:

Thanks Steve! Wow these boards are quiet but then I've been slack in that dept too. In a week when the kids are back in school I'll have more time to check out everyone's logs again. Hopefully you've all been setting PRs and lifting heavy ****.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 @ Globo
Back Squat
45x10
45x10
95x5
105x3
-----
115x1
125x1
135x1
145x1
150x1
155x1
165(f)
155(f)

Practiced Double Unders.

Worked out with Joe who was back from vacation and crossfitting like a wild man as always. He's a poster child for CrossFit, a great success story. Neither of us felt like doing a WOD together so we just "parallel played" like two toddlers.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #5577
Gordon Cooke

Profile:

I've been really busy with life lately but starting today NO EXCUSES for missing a WOD!! For those of you reading this that have been making excuses for yourselves I challenge you to do the same. Part of the beauty of CrossFit is the MINIMAL time required to get in great shape. Just think while others are running and cycling for hours or doing the 1 hour cardio/1 hour weights routine, we're done in about 30 minutes (with a few nasty exceptions like Murph, 10K). That's 1/48th of your day! COME ON PEOPLE!

Great post Christin. Count me in for the challenge. I always feel guilty about misisng a workout, so this should be easy for me. The only exception will be the additional rest day I build in from time to time when I need a little more recovery than usual, but they are few and far in between. Even if one is really pressed for time, you can always do a half Cindy which is 10 minutes and requires minimal equipment (pullup bar). If you can't fit 10 to 20 minutes into your day, you need to take a hard look at your priorities. Thanks for giving everyone a kick in the pants
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #5578
Christin Street

Profile:

Thanks Gordon! I'll keep my eye on you!
Today I could not seem to get going again. Not sure what the deal is! In a funk with my training. I managed to put together this WOD which has three of my least fav moves in it...
Monday, August 3, 2009

10 Rounds for time of
10 Box Jumps
10 Pullups
10 Double Unders
Time= 22:12
Eek. I got tangled up on the DUs! Had to string them together. I think they took up about 60-75% of the time. I get so frustrated with them that I don't relax enough. Keith watched me on the first few rounds which made me nervous bc he's the DU King.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #5579
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Cheer up, Soccer Mom When I find myself in a training lull, I try to do stuff I like. Check out the CF Football site the past couple of weeks, find yourself one of their WODs, scale the weight, and have fun! I really enjoy their programming, more as a fun break from the main site stuff.

Here are some of my own doldrum-breaking WODs:

-4 RFT: 5 heavy DB push presses, 20m bear crawl, 10 heavy bag/ball slams to ground, sprint to finish

-bring a couple of 25# plates into the multi-purpose room at your Globo (tell Keith to bring 45s), and do the DC post-bartending WOD...
(Our aerobics room is about 40 feet across, so we go there& back 2x each)
-sprint
-weight plate farmers walk (hold the plate with your fingertips)
-backwards run
-OH waiter's walk with one plate
-bear crawl

-Make a hopper deck with only movements you like to do, then create your own WOD!

-Take advantage of no school, and head to the nearest track tomorrow! Griff, 400s, 200m sprints with bear crawls across the grass then repeat (I know I have a sick issue with bear crawls...what can I say-they are awesome!)

-Do you guys have an indoor rock climbing place near you? Go there!

-Go Play!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #5580
Jimi Miller

Profile:

I'm on a M/T/W/F/S schedule at the moment. I'll start checking in to make sure we both keep on track.