CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
Joe Bernard

Profile:
Rehband Knee Sleeve Fit

I got my knee sleeves last night and when I tried them on they seemed pretty tight. I know they are supposed to be snug so they keep your knee warm, but how tight should they be? It's my first time using knee sleeves so I don't know how they should feel. I was able to do air squats with them and will try them out doing front squats tomorrow, but I just want to make sure I'm using the right size. Also, do you guys wear them the whole workout? I'm doing GSLP and row to warmup, so would you wear them for the warmup and the squats or the whole time until after the squats are done so the knees are kept warm the whole workout?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Jason Newland

Profile:
Re: Rehband Knee Sleeve Fit

I'd say that you want them to be snug, but certainly not cutting off the circulation. Can you still move in them? (i.e. doing air squats, etc.)

And I will wear mine for the entire time I am at the gym - warmup, strength, and the wod.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Newland View Post
I'd say that you want them to be snug, but certainly not cutting off the circulation. Can you still move in them? (i.e. doing air squats, etc.)

And I will wear mine for the entire time I am at the gym - warmup, strength, and the wod.
Yea I can do air squats in them, just not sure how tight they should be. I'll see if one of the trainers my gym knows, there are some strong guys there even though it's not a powerlifting gym. I'll wear mine the whole time tomorrow and see how it goes.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
Jeff Simon

Profile:

I got some of the grey Rehbands pretty recently and I decided to go with a size small. For reference, I'm 6'2"/195 and they fit snug but not too tight as to be uncomfortable. I was worried that the mediums might be too large, so I decided to size down.

I dont usually wear mine during warmups. I'll either leave them off or place them around my socks/ankles as to not get in the way. I havent really run a long distance in them and to be honest, I'd rather run without them.

Overall though, I'm really happy with them. The fit is nice and the support is great.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Simon View Post
I got some of the grey Rehbands pretty recently and I decided to go with a size small. For reference, I'm 6'2"/195 and they fit snug but not too tight as to be uncomfortable. I was worried that the mediums might be too large, so I decided to size down.

I dont usually wear mine during warmups. I'll either leave them off or place them around my socks/ankles as to not get in the way. I havent really run a long distance in them and to be honest, I'd rather run without them.

Overall though, I'm really happy with them. The fit is nice and the support is great.
Thanks for the personal experience Jeff. I'm 5'10 and 142lbs so if the small works for you then they should be more than enough for me.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

I have the blue Rehbands. Unlike some other member of my gym who has the greys, I don't have bird legs, so I got larges.

They are definitely snug, but I don't find them restrictive in any way. The first time that I put them on, my immediate reaction was that they were too tight, but a quick mobility test (basically, some squats, burpees, walking lunges, etc...) showed that I could move just fine in them.

I only really wear them when either (a) it's cold and I'm doing movements involving my knees a lot, or (b) I'm going to be doing something that I expect to really fatigue my legs a *lot*.

- Mark
Old 04-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #7
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
I have the blue Rehbands. Unlike some other member of my gym who has the greys, I don't have bird legs, so I got larges.

They are definitely snug, but I don't find them restrictive in any way. The first time that I put them on, my immediate reaction was that they were too tight, but a quick mobility test (basically, some squats, burpees, walking lunges, etc...) showed that I could move just fine in them.

I only really wear them when either (a) it's cold and I'm doing movements involving my knees a lot, or (b) I'm going to be doing something that I expect to really fatigue my legs a *lot*.

- Mark
That was my immediate reaction as well and I also have the blue ones. I'll see how squats go tomorrow and judge from there. I emailed the owner and he said if he were me he would go with the small given my overall size even though my knee measures at 34.5cm when the small ranges from 30-33cm. He knows his stuff so I'm hoping they are the right pick tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
Jeff Simon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #9
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Simon View Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #10
Scott Ohlms

Profile:

If you're interested in them simply staying on your legs, go with whatever size you fall into per the measurements. If you want a much tighter fit, potentially to the point where you're not able to wear them for a full session without beginning to cut off circulation, step it one size down as they recommend.

I have some undetermined issues with my left knee and wanted more compression, so I went down a size with the blue Rehbands. They still fit very well, but after about an hour my left calf begins to lose a little sensation due to the tightness. Not an issue, as I just pull it down for a while between sets and it's all good.