CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #11
Gravel Brown

Profile:
Re: Advice for coping in rehab, body and mind

Im 38 years old mate and had a SLAP repair 15 months ago. Im back now better and fitter than ever.

Heres my journey from day 1 all the way through to 15 months post op. Theres some great advice from others in this thread.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68036

All the best and stay positive.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #12
Jeff Sprunger

Profile:
Re: Advice for coping in rehab, body and mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dimaio View Post
Surgery was done a couple days ago. I'm faring fairly well, and a lot has to do with my community reaching out to me to an extent that I hadn't expected. I'll come back stronger, and for the first time, right in that shoulder. I'm down that I'll miss the Open this year, but I'll be there to support my boxmates in our competitions, and soon enough, I'll be prepping for fall comps myself, I hope.

Right now, the biggest challenge is finding the right dosage to stay ahead of the pain without becoming a drooling idiot. Also, I can't wait for a real shower.

I appreciate all of your comments, guys. I'm excited to see what happens when I come out of rehab and get to full power in 6 months.
I had knee surgery 9 months ago. The biggest piece of advice that I was given before my surgery was to listen to my physical therapist and do everything they tell you to the T. My neighbor had shoulder surgery the same time I had knee surgery and he took a lot longer to recover than I did, but, he has full range of motion ( most important) and continues to work on the strength. So...long story short, listen to the PTs and do the rehab religiously. Another guy I know cut his rehab short, since he was feeling "good" and he's had 2 more surgeries since then on the same knee...some guys never learn. Good luck.