CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-21-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
Chad Skola

Profile:
Another FRAN Testimonial

Well lets see...in the middle of March I did my first scaled fran at 65lbs. This was done in about 6:49.

At the level 1 cert in April I started Fran at Rx'd wieght and John Brown from CrossFit Agoge had me scale it to 65lbs half way through the second set of thrusters. I then finished it in 9:40ish.

Thursday of this week I did FRAN again and finished it as Rx'd in 7:37 with no external modivation, just me and the iPod in my garage gym.

Besides doing the WODs and working 3 on 1 off I started Zoneing pretty seriously towards the end of April.

My starting weight in March was 165# which is fine with a BF% of around 13.5. I am now at 150# maybe a bit less with around 6% BF. I have had to buy all new shorts and will have to buy pants for this winter also. Who says CrossFit is Free? This has cost me more then anyother training program.

My dead-lift went from 225# in February to 275# last week(I plan on getting 285# before the games.)
Pull-ups went from 3 good dead-hangs to at least 30 straight kipping and at least 15 straight dead-hang.
My first "Diane" was in April and i used 155# and half kind of sort of handstand pushups. I did it a few weeks ago at 205# with full handstand pushups.(could have easily done it as Rx'd).

I have been helping people with fitness on my own for a few years not, unfortunantly teaching them the wrong things until this year. I immediately fell in love with CrossFit and affiliated right after the level 1 cert in kaysville, UT. I not show people the right way. For the time being though my affiliate is not really open. Two family members aer currenlty undergoing treatment for blood cancer and liver cancer and the other for throat cancer. This has been taking a lot of time helping to take care of stuff. So hopefully by Fall we will be operational. For now I will continue to make gains and train people for free in my garage gym or a local park.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.
70in/150#Go to my website to make a donation to a young 13 year old. Your donation will help make living with Cerebral Palsy a little bit easier. His name is Dax and his story can be found from my site also.