CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
Michael Timothy Shaw

Profile:
Thumbs up Thanks CrossFit

I spent the last year as an infantry company commander at a Joint Security Station in Baghdad, Iraq with the 82nd Airborne Division. I used the CrossFit WODs as my physical fitness program and when I returned from Iraq and took the Army Physical Fitness Test, I scored the highest I ever had at 33 years old. I completed: 108 pushups in 2 minutes, 103 sit-ups in 2 minutes, a 13:18 on the 2 mile run, and completed an 18 mile road march with 45lbs. in 3 hours and 40 minutes.
We were limited to pull-up bars and dip bars we constructed; a set of rings, a jump rope, and a dip belt I brought from home; a 45 lb. bar with a few 45lb. and 25lb. plates, and an LMTV tire. CrossFit gave me the best physical conditioning results I ever had and the physique I had been trying get since high school using traditional body-building programs.
I am MAJ Michael Shaw, a student, at the Command and General Staff College, U.S. Army, Combined Arms Center, at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and as always, the views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Chad Skola

Profile:
Re: Thanks CrossFit

Congrats Sir, Now if we could get other soldiers and MWR people to stop buying that Fitness Anywhere device that is charging 200 bucks we might be able to get 100% first time goes on APFTs. I just came from your area. I was at the Pentagon for 2 years.

Keep up the good work sir. Oh and that is a lot of sit-ups by the way. I just can't seem to get to that pace. I can go unwinded not stop for 2 minutes and I still ony manage to barely max.

Was 1SG Upperman one of your 1SGs?
70in/150#Go to my website to make a donation to a young 13 year old. Your donation will help make living with Cerebral Palsy a little bit easier. His name is Dax and his story can be found from my site also.