CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #2851
Nik Nichols
Member Nik Nichols is offline
 
Nik Nichols's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quinlan  TX
Posts: 21,383
Re: Sharknado

ho the thread, I am back, after moving our shop and I have been off line for a wile, but I am back, I am busy but I will try to hit the thread now.

Mouth is less sore, I still have a tube wired to my jaw bone to continue to flush the cyst.

I tried to catch up some, but it is to much to keep up with.
__________________
49/M/5'7''/175lbs ''Take pain.'' quote: Mr Jenkins
 
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #2852
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
ho the thread, I am back, after moving our shop and I have been off line for a wile, but I am back, I am busy but I will try to hit the thread now.

Mouth is less sore, I still have a tube wired to my jaw bone to continue to flush the cyst.

I tried to catch up some, but it is to much to keep up with.
Yay, Nik's back!

Also: It is so hard for me not to say something when the ketosis folks talk about losing weight and specifically "getting a six-pack" while not having to track calories - and then Alexander says he keeps to 2000 cals a day. OF COURSE you will lose weight at that amount!
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #2853
Nik Nichols
Member Nik Nichols is offline
 
Nik Nichols's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quinlan  TX
Posts: 21,383
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Yay, Nik's back!

Also: It is so hard for me not to say something when the ketosis folks talk about losing weight and specifically "getting a six-pack" while not having to track calories - and then Alexander says he keeps to 2000 cals a day. OF COURSE you will lose weight at that amount!
Some people know to much. I mean we all want to be at our best( what ever that is per person) right NOW, me included. But it all takes work. Ketosis is fine, but wqork IS needed, but some people don't want to here that.

Like the whole thing about girls not wanting to lift weight because they don't want to get bulky. I'm sorry how easy is it to get bulky? I wish I had that problem!!
__________________
49/M/5'7''/175lbs ''Take pain.'' quote: Mr Jenkins
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2854
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: Sharknado

Bingo. People spend too much time looking for something that they think will take minimal extra effort from them. Blah.

And, I don't mind if a girl has a little bit of lats or traps or whatever... just the same way as most girls probably don't mind if a guy doesn't have a "six pack."
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #2855
John Holcombe
Member John Holcombe is offline
 
John Holcombe's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Folsom  CA
Posts: 1,058
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
John, its exactly why I left one CF. Going there to do stuff I could do at home seemed silly besides a new pricing structure.

If you come in for 2 hours, you might get enough lifting, strength work, metcon, skills and mobility. Even thats a stretch. 1 hr no way for me. MidtownStrength classes do get some lifting and strength and conditioning work in though in 1hr.

Outlaw seems to do about 30 minutes. The other day I saw 15m to find daily max of SnCJ.

Before I focused on WL, I took 2 clinics on WL but prob only lifted once a week at most. But until I focused on it, nothing really started clicking. Still working things out.
I'm happy with the daily weightlifting we do. Usually 40 minutes of stretching/lifting and then 20 minutes devoted to the WOD which sometimes takes less. But it helps that I like the people a lot and the price is most likely cheaper than any crossfit gym in Sacramento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Like the whole thing about girls not wanting to lift weight because they don't want to get bulky. I'm sorry how easy is it to get bulky? I wish I had that problem!!
Do 5 curls and look like Arnold instantly
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #2856
Bill M. Hesse
Member Bill M. Hesse is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streetsboro  OH
Posts: 4,615
Re: Sharknado

Jeff, you will be pleased to hear I performed 5 over head squats today.

To add, yes people want to be jacked or skinny but don't realize it has more to do with working your butt off. Oh and carbohydrate steroids. Dbol is a disaccharide right?
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #2857
Dustin Wintczak
Banned Dustin Wintczak is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Richland  WA
Posts: 1,788
Re: Sharknado

Welcome back Nik!

Nik you're exactly right. Too many people try to "outhink the room". The nutrition forum is especially bad (and often pointless). There are two types of people on this board, those who want to lose weight and those who want perform better/get stronger. Losing weight has become an almost Kafkaesque process, at least if you read the through the nutrition forum threads. No wonder newbies are so confused.

"Eat more meat, eat less shiat and get off your arse" should just be the answer to every question asked in there.
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #2858
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Re: Sharknado

Glad to see you're doing ok Nik
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2859
Nik Nichols
Member Nik Nichols is offline
 
Nik Nichols's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quinlan  TX
Posts: 21,383
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
Welcome back Nik!

Nik you're exactly right. Too many people try to "outhink the room". The nutrition forum is especially bad (and often pointless). There are two types of people on this board, those who want to lose weight and those who want perform better/get stronger. Losing weight has become an almost Kafkaesque process, at least if you read the through the nutrition forum threads. No wonder newbies are so confused.

"Eat more meat, eat less shiat and get off your arse" should just be the answer to every question asked in there.
Exactly. now I know that cutting weight will lean you out but you still have to workout too. I am in the room of strength, not looks. I just want the 400 squat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Glad to see you're doing ok Nik

Thank you, Still have the tube and will have one note ''procedure'' to get the tube out and sewn back up, but after that I should be done. ( God willing)
__________________
49/M/5'7''/175lbs ''Take pain.'' quote: Mr Jenkins
 
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #2860
Blair Robert Lowe
Member Blair Robert Lowe is offline
 
Blair Robert Lowe's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento  CA
Posts: 7,948
Re: Sharknado

Nik, glad to see you back. That tube sounds ****ing horrible.

John, at one box I would come in a class early to warm up and lift through the second one when it was WOD time. Kind of a time suck of two hours vs one. Occasionally I would only goone hour if the WOD focused on Oly.

Feel pretty rested. In the rack at 9 and asleep by 10ish waking up at 4. Went back to bed at 5 till 8 but never really was asleep but at least was in with my eyes closed.

Hopefully gonna hit lifts off the blocks hard and hit a new FS PR.

340, 350# ?

1st podcast is in the books but still need a name. We have a guest tomorrow and I think I will make the topic local CF comps since he competed at one last weekend.

Started talking about the Open coming up in 5 mo with the CFers who came into SuperTraining.


Oh, and if you havent figured its gonna be another podcast on Strength, Health&Fitness, etc Should be able to pull various Sac Cfers, lifters, etc even bodybuilders through all our contacts.

I may see about pulling various gymnasts or martial artists for example, MMA, BJJ.
 
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.