CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Samantha Inman

Profile:
Sam's WOD log

Mini Bio: 20 years old, 5'2", 150lbs. Unknown body fat percentage, but I'll be finding that soon. As for what turned me on to Crossfit.....last year mid-Spring I started working at the barn 4 days a week to pay off board....literally sweated off 3 inches in my waist and 10 lbs over three months, kept it off with a job where I was on my feet for 8 hours, but then quit the job and moved barns to where I couldn't work off board at the time. Started doing a little research, found out the front man from basically my favorite band literally turned his life around in partial thanks to CF, looked into it a little more and just really liked the vibe. Looking to lose more weight and add muscle, my ultimate goal is to be a better rider, so thats strengthening my core most of all, but also working on my legs and even my flexibility in my ankles. Also want to improve arm strength to have steadier hands. Flexibility also needs to be improved, if not with CF then I'll also consider getting back in to yoga.

Today was my first WOD, I can't remember what I lifted. However, the trainer did comment that I had nice form and he only had to correct me once. My aerobic portion was as follows:

for time:

500m row
15-12-10 ring rows/air squats/sit ups
500m row

finished 14:25, was like the 3rd to last in my class, so not too bad but not great either. REALLY struggled with the sit ups, the ring rows were no problem and the squats were a little tough on the last three or four.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Samantha Inman

Profile:
Re: Sam's WOD log

Went back for more, decided I wasn't feeling too horrible, which came back to bit me in the ***....

Lift portion:

3x5 reps at 35 pounds, weight wasn't too bad, but the squatting killed me.

WOD was a Metcon, as many reps in 1 minute with 45 seconds rest in between. 3 rounds in the order I did them: KB lifts (scaled from dead lifts, weights below), step ups on a 5" box (scaled from box jumps), ring rows.

1st round:

-4 KB lifts @24kg, 10 @16kg
-13 step ups, using left leg only
-21 ring rows

2nd round:

-10 @12kg
-18 step ups, using right leg only
-21 ring rows

3rd round:

-8 @12kg
-15 step ups, left leg
-22 ring rows

for a total of.....33,46,and 64. Obviously my legs are the weakest part of me, specifically my hamstrings and my abductors. I definitely won't be able to do anything related to my legs tomorrow, so I might go in and get my measurements taken and then do some lifts but not the WOD.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Samantha Inman

Profile:

Today sucked. It was skill set day at the box, and the focus was pull ups. The WOD was a 250m row and 1 round with the prowler, as many rounds in 10 minutes. I made 1000m and 3 rounds of the prowler in 11:04. I definitely felt not 100% there, my legs were just crap. Were I fully recovered I could have at least done 5 rounds with the prowler, maybe 6 if I pushed. I also didn't get anything done with the pullups--we couldn't find a band that seemed to work for me as far as resistance goes, so it was back to ring rows--which I only got like 6 of in before it was times up.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Samantha Inman

Profile:

Rest day yesterday (01/13)
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Samantha Inman

Profile:

WOD from 12/14--

-Row 1km, plus 5 rounds of six reps of:

-OHL @10 lbs w/ 15 lb bar
-ring rows

for time. Finished in 12:09. Very proud of my time, was the first to finish (in my class of 2 lol)
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Samantha Inman

Profile:

Rest day yesterday (01/17)
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Samantha Inman

Profile:

Today's WOD--

Warm up/ "qualifier" 500m row, untimed, but I timed myself and it was 3:48.

then 3rds of:

-2 min box jump (scaled to steps), 1 min rest
-2 min sit ups, 2 min rest

20 & 29 first round, 45 & 30 second round, 38 & 30 final round. The sit ups were killer, but I'm happy I at least finished above my initial rep count.

ETA: was playing with my dogs tonight, they're herding type dogs so they like to run, chase, be chased etc and I could definitely tell a difference in that respect--not only was my running style different, but I also was not out of breath in five minutes!