CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Jacob Levin

Profile:
Peace Corps?

Has anyone served in the Peace Corps? I'm looking into some options for after college, and any anecdotes or experience would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Beth Deangelis

Profile:
Smile Re: Peace Corps?

Hey Jacob,

Peace corps, huh? That's wonderful. I applied after college (13 years ago) and found it to be a pretty rigorous application process. After a few interviews I was asked to teach in Mali. Life happened and I decided not to go on the assignment. Since then, my desire to do relief work, be a world traveler and immerse myself in another culture has not changed. I have been busy putting the miles on internationally and I have learned a lot and grown a lot (I'm happy to say). You may want to do some short term volunteering overseas before you make the two year committment. If you go on line and google volunteer abroad, a host of sites will appear. Check them out. Go some place for a week or two and see if it suits you. I wish you luck and know you will have a blast no matter what you decide.

Happy travels,
Beth