CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #41
Bill Patton

Profile:
Re: Official Logsitall.com Thread - Post Here!

steven - sorry about that - "weight lifting" was an early test. After that I had several emails from CF'ers and weight trainers - which led to the development of the Olympic Lift category. Check that one out and you'll find a much better formatted activity and a more useful weight ranking.

Let me know how you make out.

-bill
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #42
Chris Puckett

Profile:

Hi, just a few suggestions, is there a way to enter custom exercises or sports that are not listed? Also, have you thought of a way to show results over time to show consistency? Maybe a reports function where you could run a report for October and see everything you did in october?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:29 AM   #43
Bill Patton

Profile:

chris - thanks for the suggestions.

1. Please send your ideas for sports that aren't listed! I'm always looking for new activities to add to the list - the system is set up to allow for easy new activity entry - so fire away with any and all suggestions. i've just added the vasa trainer (www.vasatrainer.com) to the list - they are another small vermont company that makes a cool trainer for swimmers/surfters and triathletes.

2. entries over time is a good idea - for the moment the work around is to view your summary page and then copy/paste the workouts into an xls spreadsheet (or google doc) for further analysis.

please post or PM with new activities that you'd like to see added and i'll get right on it.

-bill
Old 12-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #44
Steven Low

Profile:

Oh, ok. I guess you have the code set up then.. just modify it for everything.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #45
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Have you guys found a way around the time being the principal factor for ranking. For instance Sunday's WOD 071202 is ranked based on reps since the time was fixed at 18 mins total.

Not sure how you build that into individual WODs, maybe you can just add the rep field like the bodyweight, age, location fields, and the user can copy the list to a spreadsheet to generate a list ranking based on reps if desired.

Last edited by Aushion Chatman; 12-04-2007 at 09:15 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #46
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

One other field I thought may be worth it would be a weight field in addition to the non-rx'd/rx'd field, it's tough because alot of our WODs we have multiple movements which may all be at different weights and so the field could be useless for a complex movement workout,... but some WODs it makes sense for...e.g. many CF'ers perform Fran at 135# (for kicks), or maybe some are doing it at various lower weights. Could be nice to have that fidelity as well.

At any rate still love the site, I hear more and more people talking about using it down here at CFSD everyday.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #47
Bill Patton

Profile:

aushion - if you look at the CF daily workout activity - you'll see that it captures pounds, reps and time. You can then look at the advanced standings page and sort CF daily by any one of these - so if you knew that sunday's WOD was a reps based workout, you'd select sunday wod, then 'reps - highest as best' - and you'd be set!

glad you guys are digging the site - i've been building custom sites for some affiliates for fun - basically putting the affiliate logo and slogan at the top o the site - check out:
http://www.logsitall.com/index.asp?l=10 for an example for CF new jersey. The idea is to put the logo and slogan from the affilate at the top of the page - if you're interested in one for CFSD let me know... you can also have everyone you train with put the same thing into the comments field for named workouts (like CSFD) - then on the advanced standings page you can type in CSFD into the comments field and see the standings for only people who have typed this into their comments field - sort of a custom standing for a single affiliate - this might also be a cool way to have affiliate to affiliate challenges... PM or email me if any of this sounds interesting.

by the way - after clicking on the link to make logsitall.com show up as cf new jersey - click:
www.LogsItAll.com/index.asp?l=4

to reset it back to the standing "boring" logsitall.com

-bill
Old 12-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #48
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Beautiful, thanks for the gouge.

I'll do a poll down here and see if people would be interested now that a few of us are posting it may be worth it...
Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 AM   #49
Jason M Struck

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Patton View Post
steven - sorry about that - "weight lifting" was an early test. After that I had several emails from CF'ers and weight trainers - which led to the development of the Olympic Lift category. Check that one out and you'll find a much better formatted activity and a more useful weight ranking.

Let me know how you make out.

-bill
Can we start the same thing for the Crossfit total and it's component lifts?

I was very confused disappointed that there was no way to compare big lifts.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #50
Bill Patton

Profile:

jason - see my email - i'll configure it and you can be the first beta tester!

on a more serious note - i've added the "Badger" workout to CrossFit Heroes.

-bill