CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-13-2005, 05:35 AM   #1
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Hello to all!

Having just undertaken my first three WODs, I thought I would introduce myself and outline my background and goals.

I played rugby to quite a high level as a schoolboy, but unfortunately suffered a ruptured ACL at the age of 18. At this point, I abandoned sport and exercise altogether, and didn't bother to have reconstructive surgery on the knee (anyone who has any experience of the British NHS would understand why!) I stayed in shape for the next few years by working as a removal man, but since exchanging the world of manual labour for a desk job, I have gradually lost all my fitness and gained an impressive gut!

My aim is to play rugby again. I am waiting for an operation to repair my knee, and in the meantime, want to get in the best shape possible.

I'd just like to offer my thanks to Crossfit and all the board members. This site is made for somebody like me, who is prepared to work hard but struggles with the motivation to "get out there and do it". I know this has been said many times before, but the challenge of posting your results every day is a great source of motivation!

Furthermore, due to lack of funds I have had to build most of my equipment. The information on the equipment board has been invaluable. I now have an adjustable sandbag and about 60 KG (132 lbs) of sand (more than I can manage at the moment!), a keg, rings that I made out of looped electrical cord and duct tape, parallettes and a homemade medicine ball. Luckily I have an old swingset in my garden that makes a handy pull-up bar!

Apologies for the rambling post, thanks to all once again, and here's to a fit 2005!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Welcome to CrossFit Peter, I liked your subs for yesterdays WOD, smart move! Keep burning it up and the gut will go and your athleticism will be extraordinary!
Old 01-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Cheers Graham.

I haven't been able to associate the word "athleticism" with myself for a couple of years now! I am planning to get myself back up there, however.