CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #51
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: What supplements to take to get the best results

Very interesting Chris, thanks for posting!!

I hadn't taken a multi in about 4 years and the other day (probably cause it was my 33'rd birthday) I saw these on the SUPER cheap and picked one up. The suggested dose is one, but I take 2. Any thoughts on this one Chris?

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Premi...f=pd_sim_hpc_1 (wfs)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #52
Chris Magnuson

Profile:

Anyone have any experience with muscle Pharm assault preworkout?.looks like a decent product. Any other preworkout you guys would recommend thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #53
Douglas Menikheim

Profile:

Chris, I know a few people who like Assault a lot as a pre-workout, but have said it makes you jittery the first couple times they took it. I was actually looking at Muscle Pharm's Recon as a post-workout, but decided to give MHP's Dark Matter a try. Anyone have any experience with Dark Matter?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #54
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post

I hadn't taken a multi in about 4 years and the other day (probably cause it was my 33'rd birthday) I saw these on the SUPER cheap and picked one up. The suggested dose is one, but I take 2. Any thoughts on this one Chris?

That one certainly looks fine. I'm just not big on multi-vitamins overall. If one is on a highly processed and unvaried diet (and my guess is most on this site would not fall into that category), or on a low calorie diet I think they are a good safety net. In terms of performance, they just aren't going to make any difference for the vast majority of trainees.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #55
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Magnuson View Post
Anyone have any experience with muscle Pharm assault preworkout?.looks like a decent product. Any other preworkout you guys would recommend thanks
I had Assault. I REALLY like it. However, I found my body was adapted to it after about 5 times of use. Right now I am playing with N.O Xplode on sessions that are early morning. It works quite well. The best pre-workout I have ever used was the original Jack3d.
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #56
Dan Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
I had Assault. I REALLY like it. However, I found my body was adapted to it after about 5 times of use. Right now I am playing with N.O Xplode on sessions that are early morning. It works quite well. The best pre-workout I have ever used was the original Jack3d.
The original Jack3d made freak out... in a good, let's smash some weights, kind of way. I really liked it. Total "tunnel vision."

Assault made me nauseous.

NO xplode gave me the ****s.

Right now I'm taking 200mg caffeine, 5g BCAAs, and 2g beta-alanine in 1 scoop of Nitrean. It's not "blow your socks off" good, but I like it. Good, mellow energy.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #57
Tony Victor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post

You should probably avoid any multi that contains iron. If you're a man or a post menopausal woman, and you eat meat, you get plenty of iron. Too much iron can act as a pro-oxidant.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #58
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
That one certainly looks fine. I'm just not big on multi-vitamins overall. If one is on a highly processed and unvaried diet (and my guess is most on this site would not fall into that category), or on a low calorie diet I think they are a good safety net. In terms of performance, they just aren't going to make any difference for the vast majority of trainees.
Agree 10,000% with your point. Thanks for taking a second and looking at that one I posted.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #59
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Magnuson View Post
Assault made me feel nauseous during crossfit WODs. Craze is the best one i have found. I take a half scoop to 1 full scoop pre-workout about 3 days a week
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #60
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

for anyone planning to compete in the open it may be wise to look at the pre-workout you plan to take... most are not allowed and are banned for use in the CF Open... just because something is legal to buy and use does not make it legal for competition... even if some CF person is endorsing it.