CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Richard Deyan

Profile:
Marc pro, has anyone used it?

I found next to nothing when searching the forum, let alone the Internet itself. I read through all 290 comments of the "stop icing MWOD video" and saw that a few people said they bought one and planned on giving an update, and only one has so far. One physical therapist with his own practice commented he uses it for his clients and loves it. Someone else used it to recover from shoulder surgery and about two weeks later was doing weighted Pullups.

But other than that, nothing. It seems like it could be great but for the price I want to see a lot more feedback.

So does anyone have one or anyone who has used it?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Richard Deyan

Profile:
Re: Marc pro, has anyone used it?

There isn't a single person on here who frequents the boards that has used this product? Shocking.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

I used something similar when I was wrestling in college. They definitely help out a lot, but not sure if it would be worth it for the price. I guess it depends on how much extra money you've got or if there are other things that would be more worthwhile.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Jeff Enge

Profile:

It's just electrostim isn't it? I kinda don't see the point in spending the $650 it costs unless you are using it to recover from an injury.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Richard Deyan

Profile:

They claim it's entirely different from TENS, and that it is much more advanced and easier to use than EMS systems that essentially do the same thing. They claim they use a square waveform in a cascading fashion...no idea if that's true or if they are more effective. One person on the MWOD comment section where they mentioned the product said he bought one and it was much better than his 10 year old EMS system.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
Richard Deyan

Profile:

There's gotta be someone
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Owen Duff

Profile:

Bought one right about the end of June. I really like it. I try to use it two-three times a day. I have really tight hamstrings and its easy to slap it on there and let it do its thing for 30-45 minutes while im reading or working on a project. I have used it between events in competition I think its a great product really easy to use, they do a 12 month payment program thats very reasonable.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Richard Deyan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Duff View Post
Bought one right about the end of June. I really like it. I try to use it two-three times a day. I have really tight hamstrings and its easy to slap it on there and let it do its thing for 30-45 minutes while im reading or working on a project. I have used it between events in competition I think its a great product really easy to use, they do a 12 month payment program thats very reasonable.
Thank you Owen. Do you only use it for hamstrings since they are tight or are you using it for any muscles that are sore from WODs the same/next day? I'd like to know if people are applying it to multiple muscle groups to recover faster from workouts and if so how long it takes for it to be effective. Because 30-60 min for each body part after a grueling WOD could equal several hours with a marcpro attached to you multiple times a week.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Richard Deyan

Profile:

Anyone else?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
Richard Deyan

Profile:

I'm hoping there's some other people as well who has feedback to give