CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Craig Rogers

Profile:
the down side to crossfit and paleo

Well after a few months of crossfit and paleo I went from a 40 inch waist to a 32 in waist. When I was a 40 I could always find clothes I liked with no issue.
I had to buy pants the other day and could not find anything until I went to the 'young mens' section of the store. Now here I am about to turn 35, and I am stuck dressing like my 15 year old
Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: the down side to crossfit and paleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Rogers View Post
Well after a few months of crossfit and paleo I went from a 40 inch waist to a 32 in waist. When I was a 40 I could always find clothes I liked with no issue.
I had to buy pants the other day and could not find anything until I went to the 'young mens' section of the store. Now here I am about to turn 35, and I am stuck dressing like my 15 year old
Try finding a 40 with a 36 inseam off the rack. I always have to order my jeans. It's quite annoying. They only seem to go up to a 34 at most stores. Heck at some stores they only go up to a 32! Because I guess if you're fat you must be short.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

Cry me a river. Thanks to the CrossFit *** buying jeans is damn near impossible for a chick these days. They're all make for pancake butts. >.<
Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

I wear 34 inch pants , but I have to get the 40's for my legs to fit. I wish I could wear the stuff in young mens. I tried on an extra large perry ellis linen short sleeve shirt and I almost hulked the thing.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Meghan Reid

Profile:

I seriously don't know what model they use for off the rack clothes because everything I wear needs to be tailored, practically. Also, I freaking hate all the ruffly flowy stuff that's all over the place right now. Hello, I do not want to look pregnant. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan Waldeck View Post
I seriously don't know what model they use for off the rack clothes because everything I wear needs to be tailored, practically. Also, I freaking hate all the ruffly flowy stuff that's all over the place right now. Hello, I do not want to look pregnant. Thanks.
THANK YOU.
And Good God where have women's asses gone?? And hips? Low rise jeans on me mean that half my *** is hanging out. Mid rise jeans don't fit right.

And I hate ruffles.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Anne Dayton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Tabor View Post
THANK YOU.
And I hate ruffles.
This made me laugh. I was just complaining to a friend that every top/sweater out now has some stupid ruffle thing attached to it at the collar or the sleeve or the placket or everywhere. Ruffles can be cute when you are four.
Ruffles with the shirred thing in the front making you look pregnant are the worst.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
Meghan Reid

Profile:

We're just living in the wrong decade.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

I just wish women would realize how much better they look in simple lines and quality clothes.

And damn I love stretch skinny jeans.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
Todd Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Tabor View Post
THANK YOU.
Low rise jeans on me mean that half my *** is hanging out.
I was trying on jeans this past weekend and the sales girl (bless her heart) brought me a pair of low rise. Without realizing that they were low rise, I began attampting to put them on. She asked "How are they working?" I replied, "It ain't all gonna fit inside..."