CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
Tamara Cohen

Profile:
Re: One year CrossFit anniversary!

Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Hall View Post
Tamara, what was your beginning Fran time? I just did Fran for the first time today. My time was not great but it's a start.
Elizabeth, I haven't done an Rx'd Fran yet. The last time I did Fran was at my Level 1 cert in November. I think I used 58 lbs. I did 15 pullups and then switched to jumping pullups. My first Fran was somewhere around 10:30 using 35 lbs and doing all pullups with the biggest band. I'm long overdue for an Rx'd Fran.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
Elizabeth Hall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
Thanks, guys!

Elizabeth, I haven't done an Rx'd Fran yet. The last time I did Fran was at my Level 1 cert in November. I think I used 58 lbs. I did 15 pullups and then switched to jumping pullups. My first Fran was somewhere around 10:30 using 35 lbs and doing all pullups with the biggest band. I'm long overdue for an Rx'd Fran.
Mine definately wasn't RX (45# and just learning to kip pullups, so somewhat sucky) LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
Angelina Kelly

Profile:

Congrats!

I'm just starting and I was thinking of having my husband take a 'before' picture of me. The thought is a bit scary. I think I'd regret it later if I didn't though.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #14
Stephanie Rochford

Profile:

I love reading up on where you've been and where you're going (total stalker). I just recently joined my local affiliate and I'm so excited it's ridiculous. My very first DL was with 49 pounds (it's okay to laugh) and I felt on top of the world. I had never done something like that in all my years at a regular gym. I find myself laying in bed at night wondering what the WOD is going to be next and researching jump ropes on Friday nights.

Seeing your one year anniversary post gets me so excited to think where I'll be in a year. Thanks so much for sharing your successes with the rest of us!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Kelly View Post
Congrats!

I'm just starting and I was thinking of having my husband take a 'before' picture of me. The thought is a bit scary. I think I'd regret it later if I didn't though.
I tell EVERYONE to take pics, even if they aren't trying to lose weight. Case in point - my husband. He kept saying that he has only lost about 3 or 4 lbs since starting CrossFit in February (he wasn't trying to lose weight). Well, he just had to buy all new shorts. He couldn't even tie his bathing suit tight enough to keep it up. There is a huge difference in his abs.

I will say, there was no way I was having my husband take that "before" pic. I don't think he saw that pic until I posted it here for the first time.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #16
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Rochford View Post
I love reading up on where you've been and where you're going (total stalker). I just recently joined my local affiliate and I'm so excited it's ridiculous. My very first DL was with 49 pounds (it's okay to laugh) and I felt on top of the world. I had never done something like that in all my years at a regular gym. I find myself laying in bed at night wondering what the WOD is going to be next and researching jump ropes on Friday nights.

Seeing your one year anniversary post gets me so excited to think where I'll be in a year. Thanks so much for sharing your successes with the rest of us!
Hahaha, that is so me. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and obsess over what the WOD was. I still dream about it sometimes.

Every time I get frustrated with a poor performance, my coach says "Remember, a year from now, you'll look back at this and laugh." It's true. My OHS were a disaster for so long, and I couldn't stand to think about doing them. My new OHS PR is 135 lbs, which my coach and I now jointly hold as the female gym record.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
Betsy Grimm

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
Every time I get frustrated with a poor performance, my coach says "Remember, a year from now, you'll look back at this and laugh." It's true. My OHS were a disaster for so long, and I couldn't stand to think about doing them. My new OHS PR is 135 lbs, which my coach and I now jointly hold as the female gym record.
Wow! I really needed to hear that. I just started a couple of weeks ago. I'm 59 and way out of shape. Seems like I can't do anything. Heck, I couldn't do the WOD last night because I couldn't catch my breath. I was feeling really down about that until I read this. Thanks - and congratulations on your progress.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
Angelina Kelly

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Grimm View Post
Wow! I really needed to hear that. I just started a couple of weeks ago. I'm 59 and way out of shape. Seems like I can't do anything. Heck, I couldn't do the WOD last night because I couldn't catch my breath. I was feeling really down about that until I read this. Thanks - and congratulations on your progress.
I bet you won't believe your progress soon! Our bodies do adapt amazingly well to the stress we put on them.

When I first started hiking, hills killed me. It wouldn't be unusual for me to take multiple breaks on a fairly short hike if there were a lot of hills. After a few months of doing them though, I no longer needed any breaks.

Anyway, I did my first official WOD today and we had burpees, my burpees looked nothing like anyone elses but hey its the thought that counts. I figure with enough practice, my form will get better and I'll be able to do more of them.

Oh and I did have my husband take 'before' pics of me because I am planning to have some after pics that look much different.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 AM   #19
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Grimm View Post
Thanks, Betsy! Congrats on starting. If you want to feel better, read my log, haha. It's amazing how far you can progress in a year.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #20
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Kelly View Post
Anyway, I did my first official WOD today and we had burpees, my burpees looked nothing like anyone elses but hey its the thought that counts. I figure with enough practice, my form will get better and I'll be able to do more of them.

Oh and I did have my husband take 'before' pics of me because I am planning to have some after pics that look much different.
Don't worry about having pretty burpees, hehe. The key to burpees is to flop down as quickly as possible, which obviously gets easier as you are in better shape. But, the "down" part should be so fast that you only have time to think about the "up."

And, yay for "before" pics!