CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #1
Jason Davidson

Profile:  
We are pleased to announce the beginnings of what is to be CrossFit North Carolina, located in Raleigh. We are in the beginning stages of our venture and are searching for any feedback. We don't have any particular questions at this time, but if anyone could share pros/cons of their experiences re: equipment, operations, marketing, etc. it would help us tremendously. We intend to carry the reputation and integrity of CrossFit into the Southeast. Thanks.
-J.Davidson DC, CSCS
Old 02-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
James Taft

Profile:

Jason. Are you working with Jason Culbreth out of Raleigh? If not, he is really into CrossFit as well and located in the Triangle. Maybe you guys could share ideas.

Jim
Old 03-08-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
Todd Magers

Profile:  
When and where are you guys planning on setting up shop? I'm in Raleigh and just getting started with the CrossFit training, but have always wanted to eventually start a CrossFit facility here as well. I'm really glad to see someone here locally taking the initiative to get an affiliate started here. I know it will do very well. I can already think of several friends, mostly prior or current military, in the area that would be very interested. Keep us posted and if you need a hand with setup.

Todd
Old 03-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #4
John S. Powell

Profile:
You can count me in as soon as I move down there. I'll be starting at UNC in the fall as a freshman, and I'd love to workout with other Crossfitters as often as possible.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
Matthew Garrison

Profile:  
If you need any help, count me in. There's a bunch of us down here at Ft. Bragg who follow CrossFit. We've even got some Suffer on Saturdays going.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:57 AM   #6
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
James, Jason Davidson is my partner. He has a huge strength background. Accomplished powerlifter, CSCS certified, USA powerlifting coaches card and just completed the crossfit certification.

We are getting very close to finalizing the deal on the equipment and facility. This will be a great place for both Crossfit, Muay thai and BJJ. We are going to have a HUGE matted area and plenty of weights and a really high ceiling for rope climbing :-)

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some good pukie sessions.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
Lauren Glassman

Profile:  
Jason C,
You should be proud of Jason D.; he really worked hard at the certification!

Matthew - you guys should send us photos of your suffer on saturday. Give me an address and I'll send you guys some t-shirts.

Lauren
Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 AM   #8
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Yeah we our proud of him. He trains hard. It will be nice to actually have a fully equiped place. Right now we make do.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
Mike McCloud

Profile:
I live in Winston Salem and used to work out with Jason C at his BJJ club. In the fall I am going back to school in Asheville, NC, for exercise science. My gym, American Martial Arts Academy, is trying to become more crossfit friendly, but very slowly. I also would love to work out with other crossfitters in the NC area and I'm willing to drive for some Suffer on Saturdays! Keep me posted and good luck!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #10
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
Thanks mike. Look forward to having some awesome suffer on saturdays. The scary part is I get to suffer too. :-( I hope to get to a point that I make it look easy like the folks in CA. Off the bat I think the best person we are going to have is a girl named Amber....

on a side note when you see Gomez tell him I said Hi.