CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #531
Diana Alt

Profile:
Re: 2015 CrossFit Open, Regionals, and Games Thread

So....new topic other than arguing about handstand walks.

Did you all notice that the scoring model for regionals has changed this year? It's not going to be one point per place and fewest points win - it's going to be most points wins, with the point scheme like the games. (100 points first place, 95 second place, etc).

What do you all think this is going to do to the competition? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #532
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Whether it's good or bad depends on which athlete you are. I did a theoretical analysis of different scoring systems after the 2013 Games.

http://board.crossfit.com/showpost.p...postcount=2162 (wfs)
I think it's a good move by HQ simply to make it uniform between Regionals and the Games.

Last edited by Christopher Morris : 05-06-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #533
Richard Colon

Profile:

no reply there Diana but...

Workout 3 looks bananas. My favorite of the bunch. On paper, it looks like there will be a lot of 'not finished under the cap' people, especially for the non main heat competitors. Am I underestimating how good the top level athletes are? 26mins seems like a tall task for that much stuff, especially considering the newness (that a word?) of the non motorized treadmill stuff. The MU + Clean Ladder is pretty elegant however.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #534
Michael Cook

Profile:

Event 3 is going to be hard. The run and DU are not going to be too bad for regional athletes, but everything else: 50 OHS, 100 GHD situps, 50 sdhp, and 100 box jump overs seem like just a huge pile of work to plow through.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #535
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Did HQ invest in that manual treadmill. Seems like they have a hard on for the thing. Better start running on one.

Individuals all over it.. now the teams.

6k each hope they got a discount for purchasing in bulk.. how many of those things did they have to purchase. A treadmill with no motor.. should be cheaper than one with motor .. right????

Right up their with the French Press because brewing coffee with Gravity is non-sense..
Old 05-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #536
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Did HQ invest in that manual treadmill. Seems like they have a hard on for the thing. Better start running on one.

6k each hope they got a discount for purchasing in bulk.. how many of those things did they have to purchase. A treadmill with no motor.. should be cheaper than one with motor .. right????

Right up their with the French Press because brewing coffee with Gravity is non-sense..
I would think that they are getting free use of them from the manufacturer to get some exposure. At 6 times the price of a C2, I can't see them catching on as a CF staple.

Remember the Wattbike from the games a few years ago?
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #537
Steven Ngo

Profile:

Quote:

what's the first hit you get when searching for Trueform Runner on google, bing, or yahoo?
Old 05-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #538
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Ngo View Post
what's the first hit you get when searching for Trueform Runner on google, bing, or yahoo?
Noticed that too.

I can't believe how much those things are.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #539
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Rogue Fitness sells them.. that is the first one I saw.. guess you gotta have access to them now if you want to be top tier fitness facility. A gym near by San Diego is offering their unit for people who need to get used to them.. great community.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #540
Patrick A Horsman

Profile:

Quote:

French press is the ONLY way to brew cofeee. /snob

Quote:
Rogue Fitness sells them.. that is the first one I saw.. guess you gotta have access to them now if you want to be top tier fitness facility. A gym near by San Diego is offering their unit for people who need to get used to them.. great community.
Our local university athletic center has had two of these for about 3 or 4 years now. I'm not shocked to see one at regionals at all, but I don't think they will catch on for most affiliates since it makes mroe sense to just run outside (and is better attraction in the community in many cases)