CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
mark garrett

Profile:  
I have Yorks, Chapmans, BFS- I don't think you will beat the new York International for the money. The center knurl is far too aggressive(tape it up), in fact the knurl in general is like a power bar. The sleeves however, are as slick as a Chapman. If you get good enough too tell the difference then spring for a high dollar bar. (I have had a roll pin come out ONCE- and it is used 4-8 hours a day.)
.02 from the cheap seats. mg
Old 03-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
Shawn Casey

Profile:
I got the york bar from BSO about 3 weeks ago. It's a great bar! I definitely recommend it for the price. BSO was very helpful. Give them a call and chat with them for a minute. I was on the phone with them for about 20 min and they were too happy to answer all my questions. Yes, the bar has some killer knurling.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #13
Ronnie Ashlock

Profile:
I just received my Chapman Elite yesterday (well, actually Friday - but I was out of town). Best bar I've ever held and used. Knurling is great. Stiffness and rolling action are perfect. It's a pleasure to use and a beautiful piece of engineering and craftsmanship. If I had kids, this would be an heirloom to pass on to them. Service was great. Mike Chapman runs a great business and has a superb product. Go with Chapman if you can swing it. You won't regret it.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #14
Andrew Swartz

Profile:
Check out http://www.gtaschool.com/shop.htm.
Hanni's got some of the best bars/bumpers around (certanly the best I've ever seen or used).
If you're in the Greater Toronto Area you can check them out at his club (and arrange to pick it up yourself and save on the shipping)
Old 03-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #15
Jason Billows

Profile:
Thanks Andrew. Being in Canada the shipping has proven to be a big cost factor. If GTA has what I'm looking for I can make a weekend trip to TO and pick them up.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #16
Kurt Holm

Profile:
I have an Eleiko training bar purchased from Randy at IronMind and it is a beautiful piece of equipment. I bought the bar about 10 years ago and frankly, it's doing much better than I am. FWIW, i bought a Texas Power Bar a fwe years back as a second bar and I feel it was wasted money. Buy good stuff and, over time, it will seem cheap. But that's a 46 y/o lifter's opinion.