CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
Brett Dartt

Profile:
how many calories do YOU eat?

im just curious of how many calories people eat that crossfit at least 4 times a week. it would be awesome if you could put in your height and weight and if you want body comp. im just curious because i keep mine around or under 3000. i am 6 foot and 225 and re losing weight again. after an injury i gained back the thirty pounds i had lost last year in only two months! i kept eating like i was crossfitting, lol. anyways i couldnt find anything definitive anywhere just people always saying eat more calories or less calories to eachother so im just wondering how many you guys actually eat.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Frederik Beck

Profile:
Re: how many calories do YOU eat?

I am around 83kg and 181cm.I participated in a some medical research about 9 months ago - I was put in at about 3850 calories a day, back then. But I have gained a couple of pounds since, and work out a little bit more now ... So that probably means something like 4000 calories. I should point out that I don't measure my food ( I hate that ).
I am not on official Crossfit WOD though, more a sort of the Grimes hybrid. I work out anywhere between 4 and 6 times a week. Hope that gives you something.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Joe Bernard

Profile:

5'10 150lbs Paleo, don't (and hate) WAM. Whenever I plug in my intake for a day into fitday (once in a blue moon), I usually come out to anywhere from 2,500-2,800 calories. But I don't really pay attention to it cause I could stand to gain a couple pounds. Pretty ripped all over, definitive six-pack, but need more strength. So might have to say good-bye to the pack for awhile.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
David Croushore

Profile:

CF 4-5 times per week
CFE 2-4 times per week

I eat between 3000 and 4000 cal. a day. Yesterday was a rest day, 3171 cal.: 64% fat, 24% pro., 12% carb. 2 days ago I did a double (CFE bike intervals, CFT), ate 3951 cal.: 59% fat, 26% pro., 15% carb.

I am 6'4" and currently 195 lbs. and my weight is holding, but body composition is shifting to more lean.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Not really sure of the relevance of this question. How really does what other people eat, help you? I recommend doing your own zone calculations and going from there.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #6
Camille Lore

Profile:  

I've been thinking of posting a thread like this for awhile...
I'm F, 5'4", 144 right now. I'm back down to eating about 1400-1500/day because I don't seem to lose any weight on 1800-2100.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Laura Kurth

Profile:

female, 5'2" 104 this morning

I don't really track and thought I was at or above 2000 but I tracked a week straight and came out to 1800 on average. I might be losing weight slightly, as I recall weighing about 3 lbs more a few months ago.

Not zone not paleo, I guess my food is probably 80% paleo though. But I still eat things like, peanut butter and potatoes and stuff.

My breakdown is probably 50% fat/ 25% each protein and carbs

Edited to list activity -
Snowboarding right now 1-2 days a week
Workout usually 3-4 days outside this, mix of crossfit metcon and strength work
Have been trying to run 1x a week but sometimes doesnt happen

Also walk places a lot, as I don't drive and I live in the city

Last edited by Laura Kurth; 01-29-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Brett Dartt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
Not really sure of the relevance of this question. How really does what other people eat, help you? I recommend doing your own zone calculations and going from there.
curiosity.

and i severely dislike the the zone

thank you everyone for your responses
Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
Brian Bedell

Profile:

Fair enough. "We" usually go by blocks around here. Well, the zone is a bit of a pain with all the measuring, but honestly with all the zone variations flying around here at CF, "our" zone is not that zone-ey.

I do 16 blocks, with no grains/sugars, 50% carbs moved to PWO, and about 1.5xfat, and I'm trying 2-3 extra blocks of protein this month to see if it helps with mass.

See Robb Wolf's "42 ways to skin the zone", etc. and you might find some modifications to it that might help.

Also, the quality of those calories some will argue (me too) is more important then the calorie count. 3000 paleo calories are not the same as 3000 processed/white/grain/sugar calories.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
Laura Kurth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
Fair enough. "We" usually go by blocks around here. Well, the zone is a bit of a pain with all the measuring, but honestly with all the zone variations flying around here at CF, "our" zone is not that zone-ey.

I do 16 blocks, with no grains/sugars, 50% carbs moved to PWO, and about 1.5xfat, and I'm trying 2-3 extra blocks of protein this month to see if it helps with mass.

See Robb Wolf's "42 ways to skin the zone", etc. and you might find some modifications to it that might help.

Also, the quality of those calories some will argue (me too) is more important then the calorie count. 3000 paleo calories are not the same as 3000 processed/white/grain/sugar calories.

yeah - really, that does not even resemble the 'zone' anymore.