CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
Andrew Roden
Member Andrew Roden is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Weedsport  NY
Posts: 305
Uniforms?

Crossfit games will have uniforms!? This is the same Crossfit that had 10 ways to get kicked out of a globo gym? I really want someone to own up to making that decision. My guess is that no one will. Discuss...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Jason R O'Dell
Banned Jason R O'Dell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Moore  OK
Posts: 3,396
Re: Uniforms?

Everyone must wear crappy Reebok clothes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Rebecca Roth
Member Rebecca Roth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saint Louis  MO
Posts: 2,048
Re: Uniforms?

Discussion has already begun thru thread derailment, here - http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68146
__________________
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
Re: Uniforms?

I fully support uniforms. Me and Jake rock the American flag shorts every comp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossfi...57626105469864

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossfi...57626105469864

WFS
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Andrew Roden
Member Andrew Roden is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Weedsport  NY
Posts: 305
Re: Uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Discussion has already begun thru thread derailment, here - http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68146
oops my bad. But now we have a dedicated thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Rebecca Roth
Member Rebecca Roth is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saint Louis  MO
Posts: 2,048
Re: Uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
I fully support uniforms. Me and Jake rock the American flag shorts every comp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossfi...57626105469864

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossfi...57626105469864

WFS
Very nice. How about we make all the guys wear the booty shorts and sports bra's, and girls can wear board shorts and T shirts?
__________________
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Eric Montgomery
Member Eric Montgomery is offline
 
Eric Montgomery's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 7,413
Re: Uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
I fully support uniforms. Me and Jake rock the American flag shorts every comp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossfi...57626105469864

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossfi...57626105469864

WFS
Those are amazing. And the best part is that if anyone complains, you can turn it around and end the argument by accusing them of hating America.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
Rick Hardin
Member Rick Hardin is offline
 
Rick Hardin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville  FL
Posts: 568
Re: Uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Very nice. How about we make all the guys wear the booty shorts and sports bra's, and girls can wear board shorts and T shirts?

I'm all for equality.

Everyone goes topless.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
Charles Applin
Member Charles Applin is offline
 
Charles Applin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yokosuka 横須賀  Kanagawa 神&#2
Posts: 437
Re: Uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Those are amazing. And the best part is that if anyone complains, you can turn it around and end the argument by accusing them of hating America.
Nah, cause then they'll break out the flag code pamphlet and point out that those guys are desecrating the US Flag. It's a no win that way. :stir:

As for uniforms, it looks like athletes can take off the shirt (and shorts?) prior to the event start or even during. However, they just can't have a competing brand logo visible on their other items except for shoes. So, it is about brand recognition and not about identifying athletes.

Anyway, sounds reasonable and all the hoopla is just a lot of sound and fury. Reebok has ponied up millions, and all the athletes and judges and staff have to do is sport the name a little bit. Even Coach said years ago that if some company offered up 50,000 dollars for the game purse and all that was needed was to wear a shirt, he'd wear the shirt.

I'm hoping that there are different colors and styles though. Don't want it to look too monotanous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
Re: Uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Applin View Post
Nah, cause then they'll break out the flag code pamphlet and point out that those guys are desecrating the US Flag. It's a no win that way. :stir:

As for uniforms, it looks like athletes can take off the shirt (and shorts?) prior to the event start or even during. However, they just can't have a competing brand logo visible on their other items except for shoes. So, it is about brand recognition and not about identifying athletes.

Anyway, sounds reasonable and all the hoopla is just a lot of sound and fury. Reebok has ponied up millions, and all the athletes and judges and staff have to do is sport the name a little bit. Even Coach said years ago that if some company offered up 50,000 dollars for the game purse and all that was needed was to wear a shirt, he'd wear the shirt.

I'm hoping that there are different colors and styles though. Don't want it to look too monotanous.
I don't even understand what you just said. I'm going to sum it up as, "I hate America."

On another note, I also wore a Pabst Blue Ribbon shirt that said, "IT AIN'T YOUR DADDY'S BEER" that was all red, white and blue as well as the American flag shorts and our judge said, "God damn that's American."
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.