CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Mike Groth

Profile:
Im just getting started in crossfit and realizing just how out of shape I have let myself get. Im going to start working on my diet (going to target to get the measuring stuff needed for the zone) and I want to start burning off fat. Im trying to lose some weight so that I can get better at pullups and all the excersizes that you have to manipulate your own body weight...I also want to look good (but who doesnt).

So my question is what sort of HIIT could I be doing to burn fat? Would you recommend a rower? treadmill? bike? Also how long of intervals are normally used? I tried searching but Im not really finding what Im looking for. Maybe one of you guys can give me a helping hand. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Why not start with the WOD? Everything is scalable to your ability. Can't do chinups? Do jumping hinups. Etc, etc.

The "metcon" stuff in Crossfit is predominately high intensity or HIIT ... intervals are sometimes planned (tabata intervals) and sometimes forced (try doing 100 chinups and see how many breaks you take - that's a forced interval).

But honestly, I wouldn't worry about the details right now. Start training and continue to read every piece of info you can find on this site - the new FAQ is an excellent place to start.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:56 AM   #3
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to Fitness