CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #121
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:
Re: Rebuilding Momma: An Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann McCall View Post
Tonight's pull up workout: 7 full rounds plus 7 more trying for round 8. Did a bunch of GHD situps in addition to the warm up tonight.

We were away for the long weekend, so my workouts consisted of chasing after the little ones. Hopefully I can now get back on schedule.

I'm off to the nutritionist tomorrow We'll see what she says.
Nice job on the WODs... plural, because chasing after the little ones counts......perhaps more than the others....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #122
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann McCall View Post
Tonight's pull up workout: 7 full rounds plus 7 more trying for round 8. Did a bunch of GHD situps in addition to the warm up tonight.

We were away for the long weekend, so my workouts consisted of chasing after the little ones. Hopefully I can now get back on schedule.

I'm off to the nutritionist tomorrow We'll see what she says.
My wife and I were away for the weekend also - our WODs consisted of standing at craps (or sitting at blackjack) tables for time. We set a new record of 9 straight hours (with occasional bathroom breaks) at a craps table - thank goodness it was a $5 table.

Hope the visit with the nutritionist goes well.

I'm seeing a surgeon on Monday to take a look at my right shoulder... hoping it is not completely f'd up. That would pretty much mean I would not be able to do any CrossFit at all, since I am still trying to deal with the PFS and torn meniscus in the left knee.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #123
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
.......I'm seeing a surgeon on Monday to take a look at my right shoulder... hoping it is not completely f'd up. That would pretty much mean I would not be able to do any CrossFit at all, since I am still trying to deal with the PFS and torn meniscus in the left knee.
Sean,

Just read about your injury(ies) - - so sorry to hear about them -- really sucks! Seems I'm always having to balance my age with the propensity for busting things if I push too hard. I can't wait till I'm in really good shape...

Which agency are you with? Just retired from 28 yrs with CHP...
(Apologize for the hijack Lee Ann)...
Old 02-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #124
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Lampl View Post
Sean,

Just read about your injury(ies) - - so sorry to hear about them -- really sucks! Seems I'm always having to balance my age with the propensity for busting things if I push too hard. I can't wait till I'm in really good shape...

Which agency are you with? Just retired from 28 yrs with CHP...
(Apologize for the hijack Lee Ann)...
Well.. I thought I was in decent shape (in more than 18 months of CF, I had lost ~35#, CF Total over 950#, Fran under 4:00, 20+ rounds of Cindy -- all feats repeated several times)! But, age struck me anyway, I fear

I have a solo law practice -- wills, trusts and estates comprise about 80%, small business and tax planning the other 20%.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #125
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Well, so I visited the nutritionist. I know you will be just shocked - SHOCKED - to hear that I am not supposed to eat raisin bran muffins and baked potatoes anymore.

You all were 100% right. Does it help that my father still eats donuts and coffee cake for breakfast, so at least I come by it honestly??

Of course I do not intend to tell her about this weekend's debauchery in the form of a dinner party I threw for some work colleagues - beef tenderloin, sauteed fingerling potatoes, arugula salad, and warm, soft chocolate cake and a nice haut-medoc. I even ate one of the left over cakes for breakfast this morning (so did the CFH), but I will now stop acting like a rebellious teenager and be back on the program.

Tonight's work out:

Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3
93-98-103-103-108

I was happy with this because my PR for front squat is 123, but I haven't been able to do more than 113 for a heavy single.

Last edited by Lee Ann McCall : 02-22-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #126
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Quote:
Well.. I thought I was in decent shape (in more than 18 months of CF, I had lost ~35#, CF Total over 950#, Fran under 4:00, 20+ rounds of Cindy -- all feats repeated several times)! But, age struck me anyway, I fear

I have a solo law practice -- wills, trusts and estates comprise about 80%, small business and tax planning the other 20%.
Hi Sean. I will check your log to see how you are making out. I hope you have had some good news on the shoulder...
Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #127
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Hi, Lee Ann.
Thanks for checking in.
I am seeing a surgeon later today to check out the shoulder.
I'll let you know what he tells me.

Nice work on the squats!

I won't tell you "I told...." about the food choices.

Your allergies must be difficult to deal with. My wife is allergic to eggs and milk, and prior to meeting her 12 years ago, I never know that eggs were in so many of the foods I like to eat.
Do you carry an "EpiPen" with you? She does - the egg allergy is really bad and can send her into anaphylactic shock.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #128
Duke McCall

Profile:

Hi, Sean. Just remember that surgeons like to cut on things. I have seen a surgeon about both of my shouders and was told that I should either stop doing "X" or have both of them operated on. I decided to rehab them instead. I still have to be careful with (poorly performed) kipping pullups and other movements that "yank" on the ac joint, but I am now on the verge of snatching my BW--with two "bad" shoulders. I also can sleep on my side for the first time in years. So, don't be too quick to rush into surgery. Sometimes, it is not the best option.

(Sorry for the thread hijack, hon. )
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #129
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Hey, Duke.

Just got back from the Doc.
By exam, he tells me it is a torn labrum, but has Rx'd an MRI for me to give a definitive diagnosis and to see where and extent of damage.

We did some x-rays too to see if there were any fractures or pinched nerves: none found, but he did show me I've already (at 38) got some arthritis in the joint between the collar bone and shoulder blade. Good thing I'm already taking glucosamine and chondroitin!

He's very much a "try all non-surgical alternatives first" kind of surgeon, which I like and appreciate as a novelty among his cohort.

Unfortunately, I am getting kind of impatient these days. Since about November, I've had to lay off lower body work due to a torn meniscus... Now - having to lay off upper body might just send to the cuckoo's nest.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #130
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Quote:
Hey, Duke.

Just got back from the Doc.
By exam, he tells me it is a torn labrum, but has Rx'd an MRI for me to give a definitive diagnosis and to see where and extent of damage.

We did some x-rays too to see if there were any fractures or pinched nerves: none found, but he did show me I've already (at 38) got some arthritis in the joint between the collar bone and shoulder blade. Good thing I'm already taking glucosamine and chondroitin!

He's very much a "try all non-surgical alternatives first" kind of surgeon, which I like and appreciate as a novelty among his cohort.

Unfortunately, I am getting kind of impatient these days. Since about November, I've had to lay off lower body work due to a torn meniscus... Now - having to lay off upper body might just send to the cuckoo's nest.
I have my fingers crossed for a good MRI - good meaning it shows only things about which you can do something rather quickly. When do you go?