CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 07-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Dereck Uitto

Profile:
Hey all. I am just getting into the crossfit exercises. I have been busy as I just graduated college, have been working two jobs, and am preparing to start teaching. I used to be in decent shape, but I lost it in college. I am ready to be in elite shape and feel great.

I had just a couple of questions. I have looked at the website, but am not sure what equipment I may need. I have a gym at my disposal, but is there anything out of the ordinary? Secondly, for those of you that have improved fitness and bulk, what type of diet do you eat? I am using a book called Starting Strength to prepare myself for crossfit.

If you can answer my questions, or have any words of advice, I would greatly appreciate them. I also play baseball in the summer and am hoping to improve upon that. Thanks and nice to meet you all!
Old 07-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Scott Clark

Profile:

SS is a great routine to start with. If you want to bulk, you need to eat above maintenace and limit metcon work (unless you eat to compensate) and focus on lifting heavy. There are about a million ways to make CF work for you, just use the SEARCH feature and have at it.

Many here adhere to the Paleo/Zone style of eating. The nutrition section is loaded with all the information you need to be successful. Good luck and welcome aboard.