CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Mark Levy

Profile:
fish oil dosage

looks like Rolf Wolf and Whole9 are taking a more moderate view of fish oil consumption..I believe people like Chris Kresser and Chris Masterjohn recommend even less. All of this has gotten me to rethink my fish oil dosage and back it way down and be further cautious vetting nutrition/supplement recommendations from the thought leaders.

anyone else reviewing this in Crossfit land?

Mark
Old 10-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Tricia Magrini

Profile:
Re: fish oil dosage

I've never been a fan of the mega doses recommended and am glad to see the new prescription being publicized. If you are eating all grassfed meats, not overdoing O6 oils, and avoiding processed carbs I really don't think there is a need for more than a small dose, if any at all.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Levy View Post
looks like Rolf Wolf and Whole9 are taking a more moderate view of fish oil consumption..I believe people like Chris Kresser and Chris Masterjohn recommend even less. All of this has gotten me to rethink my fish oil dosage and back it way down and be further cautious vetting nutrition/supplement recommendations from the thought leaders.

anyone else reviewing this in Crossfit land?

Mark
Taking megadoses of dietary supplements often does more harm than good so, if you're going to use supplements, it's best not to exceed the RDA.

Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Recommended Dietary Allowances and Adequate Intakes, Total Water and Macronutrients.

Dietary Reference Intakes for Dietary Fat: Total Fat and Fatty Acid by Life Stage Group.

*All links wfs*
Old 10-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
Mike Wazowski

Profile:

'I am a full time Olympic weightlifter and I train twice a day six days a week, and I do not get hurt thank god! I do have very bad tendonitis in both knees and in my right shoulder. I will tell you the secrete on how to get rid of your pain, fish oil! Not just a few but alot! I took 20 the first day and my coach said to take 10 more everyday intel you start going to the bathroom bad, if you know what I mean. I got up to 80 pills a day, dropped in back down to 30 a day for a few weeks and all my pain went away! I was shocked! Now that my pain is gon I do not take anymore and it has not come back. Try this it really works! I would love to hear anyones feed back on this.' --jon north 2012
Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
Dave Hancock

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wazowski View Post

'I am a full time Olympic weightlifter and I train twice a day six days a week, and I do not get hurt thank god! I do have very bad tendonitis in both knees and in my right shoulder. I will tell you the secrete on how to get rid of your pain, fish oil! Not just a few but alot! I took 20 the first day and my coach said to take 10 more everyday intel you start going to the bathroom bad, if you know what I mean. I got up to 80 pills a day, dropped in back down to 30 a day for a few weeks and all my pain went away! I was shocked! Now that my pain is gon I do not take anymore and it has not come back. Try this it really works! I would love to hear anyones feed back on this.' --jon north 2012
This just in : Jon "Mercury" North, died today, his glowing silver skin is finally at rest.