CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: MMA Antichrist - Brock Lesnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hill View Post
You just wouldn't see behavior like that in more conventional sports.
Terrell Owens, Rasheed Wallace, Chad Johnson, Bill Romanowski, Ron Artest, Milton Bradley.......the list goes on.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 AM   #12
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

I won't bother entering this debate because it's such a lightning rod for discussion and don't want to get into the fanboi bull****.

But I just have to add...a guy with an insanely long reach that keeps a fight standing is one dimensional as well, right? Brock Lesnar has the best wrestling skill in all of MMA, much of it has to do with insanely strong hips and brute strength. Wrestling is a mixed martial art. People need to stop hating and respect his athletic and fighting ability.

All I'm going to say is that I disagree 100% and we are all allowed to have opinions.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #13
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:

Quote:

If you really want MMA to be considered a sport and not just a show, you wouldn't allow someone like Brock Lesnar to behave in such a manner.
I would try to stop him, but did you see what he did to the BJJ blackbelts face...I'll let you try to talk some sense into him.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #14
Dylan Miley

Profile:

What some people don't realize, who hate Brock Lesnar, is that they're getting sucked in. In short, they're all "marks" (yes pro wrestling term), meaning they're falling for Lesnar's marketing ploy. He wants you to hate him, and I guarantee is next fight will generate huge buyrates (again), whether it be against Cain or Carwin, because people want to see him lose. Say whatever you want about him, he has your interest and that's all that matters to him and Dana White.
As far as this weight class issue goes, he weighs in at 265 so therefore he's a HW. Of all excuses this one surprises me the most. Frank Mir is a 250lb BJJ BLACK BELT. The whole concept of BJJ is that it's a form of combat to help the little guy beat the bigger guy. Mir is no small man, and he's a black belt in BJJ, there's no excuses. Lesnar simply completely neutralized Mir's ground game. If he's stronger... so what? GSP is stronger than Matt Serra. It's a moot point that has no place in MMA discussion.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #15
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:

Basketball players jumping into the stands beating up fans didn't stir up as many people's emotions as this.

I don't think it's all that big of a deal.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #16
Thomas Stevenson

Profile:

I think it is so funny that people are crying about how one superior athlete who is a great wrestler is winning fights. For all you purists out there UFC was created to prove what styles of fighting are the best and to simulate a street fight as much as possible, its obviously changed since the beginning, for the good I think. Everyone is mad that he makes it look so easy and hasn't put in the years of MMA training that many others require to make it to that level. Not all people are created genetically equal. This guy trains like an animal. Not to mention a great wrestler, heavy hands and pushing the action has always proved to be sufficient combination to be a force in MMA.

Plus now i want to see who the guy who will now beat brock, its only a mater of time...I'd like to see Muchita or some one like him take him on. some one with a strong passive game to beat him. But I'm sure they will be finding beasts out there to match his size and see if someone can knock him out.

Plus its a business that is about entertaining the masses and Dana white would be a fool not to capitalize on a one man marketing campaign. Mute the TV or just record it and fast forward to just the fights if you don't want the extras... I like the hype it gets people emotionally involved in the sport who are not connected to the sport.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #17
George Nesrallah

Profile:

I think (would hope anyway) that most of us are past the point of questioning his work ethic and abilities. No question he is a great fighter and when his ground game comes up some, well, I don't even want to think how incredible he will be.

However, no matter how amazing he is, it gives him no right to have acted in the disrespectful and ridiculous manner that he did.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #18
Carl Hill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Stevenson View Post
Plus now i want to see who the guy who will now beat brock, its only a mater of time...I'd like to see Muchita or some one like him take him on. some one with a strong passive game to beat him. But I'm sure they will be finding beasts out there to match his size and see if someone can knock him out.
So that's why they brought Kimbo Slice onto TUF...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #19
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

Quote:
So that's why they brought Kimbo Slice onto TUF...
makes sense now.