CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-09-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
Roy

Profile:

Robb, Jay, or whoever is on NHE,

I started the metabolic shift on sunday. I've been eating nothing bu
t meat, eggs, some cheese,oils, and no more that 4 cups of steamed broccolli a day. Today, though, I have some concern. We're running low on food(well, low/no carb food) and I grabbed some natural peanut butter. Since peanut butter is addicting, I had about 4 or five heaping teaspoons of it.

Im now a little worried since it has 6 grams of carbs in every 2 tablespoons, 1 gram is sugar, and only 2 are fibrous, with three "mysteries" However I skipped my second two cups of broccolli for the day (8 grams of carbs 4 fibrous, 1 sugar, 3 mysterious)

Has eating the peanut butter messed up my metabolic shift? Im not craving carbs or sweets or anything like that, so I dont think it did anything insulin-wise. Any thought on this besides......stay away from the damn peanut butter?!!! :-)
Old 12-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Hahaha.. "mysterious carbs" They sound dangerous.

So long as you didn't go more than maybe 5 grams above the 20 mark, I would think that you should be set. Usually most people can induce ketosis in under about 30 grams, so I doubt it will mess you up. Just get back on track tomorrow :wink:
Old 12-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #3
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

Faigin would tell you to start over. I disagree.
You should be fine. If you want to be on the safe side, go no carb tomorrow. No biggie. As Kevin said, staying under 30 induces ketosis in most. Don't get down on yourself, just don't do it again ;)

-Jay
Old 12-09-2003, 10:36 PM   #4
Robert Wolf

Profile:
I think you are fine. If you are training hard it will inhance your insulin sensitivity which is what the "metabolic shift" is ultimately for.
Robb
Old 12-10-2003, 10:12 AM   #5
Roy

Profile:

For some reason, even though I drink tons and tons of water, when I go to the bathroom it "glows yellow" every time. alomost NEON or YELLOW light on the street yellow. My first intention is, of course, this is a bad sign. But is it normal during the metabolic shift?

Old 12-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #6
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
That's a sign of ketosis. Get some keto-strips and test your urine. If you're in ketosis, you're pretty much ****ing out fat.