CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #71
Scott Walters

Profile:
Re: Who is X-fitting at a Globo gym??

Sorry to revive an only thread, but anyone still doing cf in a globo? Time constraints mean I may be needing to do some at globo. It's owned by a friend who gives me FREE membership, and he is a strength and conditioning international level coach, so is comfortable helping me with oly lifting. He is Aldo more than happy for me to do cf in his gym, so no problems there, but what else do I need to think of?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #72
Jonathan Dudley

Profile:

I do. I work out early mornings and Globo is right beside my office so its substantially more convenient. You can do it, but in my opinion it's not as "intense" as in a box. As long as he has all of the equipment you will need or legitimate subs, the only other concern is the time of day you go. If you go during a peak time you will have to fight for space with the big time, yelling and screaming barbell bicep curlers.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #73
Mark Lamoree

Profile:

I do, and have been for more than a year. It helps that the gym is in a small town, and that I know the owner. I've done CF while he has been there more than once. In fact, he brought in a C2 rower and is planning to get bumper plates, largely for me and a friend who does Crossfit.

There's also a military school in town, and I occasionally go over there to use their track, pull-up bars, and run their obstacle course (the latter only if no one is looking.)

There is a great affiliate about 30 miles from me, (Crossfit Cerebus) but the drive and cost make it not a good option for the time being. The gym I'm at is a decent second-best.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #74
Nick Troutman

Profile:

I still do. Just can't afford a box. I go early in the morning to avoid crowds, and the problems are very minimal... I've only had to share the C2 rower once in almost 9 months, and just recently there was a change in ownership and they asked me to stop doing ball slams - surprised I ever got away with them, really. There are no bumpers so it makes 1RMs a little tricky. (Ok, all olympic lifts because I don't want to drop the weights.) No one ever uses the boxes, kettlebells, or squat rack so I generally just set up in an open area and do my thing without being bothered... and the jump ropes are awful so I bring my own.