CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Brian Androsian

Profile:
Strength program sticky?

There seems to always be threads popping up with people asking about strength programs or wanting to gain strength. The same responses are always given with a list of strength programs to follow.

I was thinking it might be pretty beneficial for someone to make a thread listing the reputable strength programs that are always recommended here (CFFB, GSLP, SS, 531, 70s big and whatever else I'm forgetting) and a little about each or a link with each to where more information can be found.

Preferably by someone that has done multiple programs or knows a lot about each and can speak on them. Then possibly, if approved, it could get stickied and possibly cut down on the same thread over and over. If anyone feels like undertaking this task, have at it!

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Colin McLafferty

Profile:
Re: Strength program sticky?

I've done CFFB, SS, CFSB, and currently I'm doing a Westside template. I'd be up to it..it could make a fun weekend project. I'd be open to help from others who have experience with some of the other programs (70s Big, GSLP, etc).
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

good idea, if people would read it.... but not sure if it would be able to get it to actually be sticky... because in order to do it, we would actually have to be able to talk about and link to all of the things you described, which alas, we cannot
Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Not to mention that you also can't go back and edit your posts after a while, so you couldn't even go back and update anything.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Colin McLafferty

Profile:

Yeah all valid concerns... well take the Bodyweight WODs thread for example. The information there is in a separate document attached to the thread. So, at least separate docs can be uploaded. Im confident I can come up with a great collection of information and resources for a number of those programs.

Do realize that CFSB and SS are tricky since you have to pay for the Crossfit Journal to get the CFSB template and same with the SS book. It wouldn't be right (or legal, probably) to post that information in a publicly available post. So, I'll get to work and post what I come up with and we'll see what happens.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McLafferty View Post
Yeah all valid concerns... well take the Bodyweight WODs thread for example. The information there is in a separate document attached to the thread. So, at least separate docs can be uploaded. Im confident I can come up with a great collection of information and resources for a number of those programs.
GREAT point....

Quote:
Do realize that CFSB and SS are tricky since you have to pay for the Crossfit Journal to get the CFSB template and same with the SS book. It wouldn't be right (or legal, probably) to post that information in a publicly available post. So, I'll get to work and post what I come up with and we'll see what happens.
I would think that is true only to a point. It doesn't mean you can not pass along the information/ideas, just can't copy and paste.

Let's come up with something and meet back here after the weekend and maybe try to see if we can do this.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Matt Thomas

Profile:

There's the SS wiki which is free. Not sure if it's Rip endorsed or not. The problem with stickies is that ounces they hit about 500 replies people get too lazy to read through it to find the answer to the one question they have and just start a new thread. It's kind of understandable if you want to know something about GSLP and don't want to wade through 20 pages of SS or west side talk to see if your question was answered.

Maybe a good idea would be to have a thread where people ask questions and then the questions and answers get compiled and updated into a document under the relevant section.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Colin McLafferty

Profile:

ABell, sounds good Ill PM you.

Matt that's a good idea. I was thinking CFFB comments and the common questions found on these boards would cover a good percentage of what you're talking about though. But, after the thread gets some mileage and new qs pop up that would be a good update.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Colin McLafferty

Profile:

CFFB thread posted! http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=76501 WFS

Matt I thought more about what you said and may convert the document to a googledoc so that there can be more collaboration. What do you all think about that?

So it's not the sticky of every strength program we mentioned but it is at least pretty comprehensive (IMO, opinions welcome) for one program.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
Matt Thomas

Profile:

That looks really good. My ideal situation is a document with tabs, sections, whatever. Your writeup would obviously fall under CFFB. At the end it would be good if there was a compilation of frequently asked questions and answers. In a GSLP section you couldn't really put his book in it obviously, but all the relevant info from his message board thread could be added.

Anyways. Good start on the CFFB writeup.