CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #261
Chris Diamont

Profile:
Re: Compression Gear

Greg,
Had a question for you... I have a pair of your socks and I am about to order a second pair. I was looking at the colors and wondered if you could tell me about the grey color? It still looks black to me on your site and I was hoping you could tell me the difference in the black and silver (I already have) and the grey.

Thanks and great products will also be buying shorts soon.

Also, if its not too much trouble could I get a code please?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #262
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Diamont View Post
Greg,
Had a question for you... I have a pair of your socks and I am about to order a second pair. I was looking at the colors and wondered if you could tell me about the grey color? It still looks black to me on your site and I was hoping you could tell me the difference in the black and silver (I already have) and the grey.

Thanks and great products will also be buying shorts soon.

Also, if its not too much trouble could I get a code please?
Hi Chris,

The grey is a slightly new style. Same fabric and same level of compression, but more of a single layer of fabric on the front of the versus the ones you have. Probably slightly less durable if you do a lot of rope climbing, but less busy looking and a lot easier to get on. I find myself reaching for the new style more often in the mornings before work just since they are easier to put on in the morning, but for workouts I am about 50 / 50 depending on what I am going to be doing.

Hope this helps.

And you have pm
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #263
Eric Verbel

Profile:

Hey Greg any chance I could get a discount code as well? I'm looking to order some pants, socks and shorts
Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #264
Martin Rivera

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Verbel View Post
Hey Greg any chance I could get a discount code as well? I'm looking to order some pants, socks and shorts
Check your PM's
<>< Philippians 4:13 thecubefitness.com (WFS) dsgear.com (WFS) virusintl.com (WFS)
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #265
Keith Miller

Profile:

Quick question: I'm trying to choose between the pants and shorts. I'm primarily an Oly lifter looking for a couple things with the compression, 1 is the recovery for my quads/legs/hips, 2 is to apply compression specifically to an area on the outside of my hip, just below the glute. Which do you think would be better??

I already have a code and will be purchasing this afternoon. Thanks!!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #266
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Miller View Post
Quick question: I'm trying to choose between the pants and shorts. I'm primarily an Oly lifter looking for a couple things with the compression, 1 is the recovery for my quads/legs/hips, 2 is to apply compression specifically to an area on the outside of my hip, just below the glute. Which do you think would be better??

I already have a code and will be purchasing this afternoon. Thanks!!
Hi keith,

In a perfect world the pants would provide graduated compression over the entire leg. In reality since different peole have different builds it ends up being targeted to certain areas over another. For me for example, my quads are the biggest part of my legs, so they end up getting more compression thab anywhere else. For someone else with huge calves, there might be lesser conpression on the quads conparatively since they would need to buy something big enough to accomodate their calves.

Long story short, if you quads are conparatively big and you are most concerned with the upper legs,get a pair of the pants. If you calves are comparatively bigger and are most concerned with tge upper legs get shorts, consider sizing down in them, amd supplement with socks as needed.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Pm sent with a coupon code
Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #267
Will Elmore

Profile:

Looking to get my first pair of socks and shorts but wanted to know if your lifting straps are heavy duty or the lighter ones? Discount code would be super nice too Thanks
Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #268
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Elmore View Post
Looking to get my first pair of socks and shorts but wanted to know if your lifting straps are heavy duty or the lighter ones? Discount code would be super nice too Thanks
Hi will. Youve got pm. Keep in mind these are wrist wraps, not liftong straps. These are similarto what are made by strength wraps. Heavy weight cotton twill with a string on the end that wraps around to keep it in place. Can be loosened or tightened by twisting. You can see a youtube video of them by searching youtube for spun performance. Id send you the link but im ony phone.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #269
Kyle Feliberty

Profile:

For anybody with an interest, Greg and company have put together a hell of a product. Got my pants and socks in this week and couldn't be happier. Compared to my under armor compressions, the comparison is a joke. The Spun's feel more snug and more mobile. In a blind test I couldn't couldn't tell the difference from my recovery 2XU's but had I been wearing my wallet I could have, the I still have money left after buying from Spun.. That can't be said of the other pair...
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #270
Eric Verbel

Profile:

Ordered up pants and socks today. Looking forward to trying them out. Thanks for the discount code.