CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
James Orr

Profile:
Re: Ideas for improved CF equip design-- Intro myself and my fitness equipment compan

You're right, Matt. He's definitely no XTraining Equipment.

Wait? How would I know? You're the only person who's ever posted about them. Repeatedly. And added a link to them in your signature.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #22
Matt Vorwald

Profile:
Re: Ideas for improved CF equip design-- Intro myself and my fitness equipment compan

@ Colin and James:

I'm definitely NOT peddling ETE. I have absolutely zero connection with ETE and do not vouch for anything they have done or sold. I do not have any experience buying from them. You're both missing the point, clearly, so please exit the conversation if you choose. You aren't bringing anything worthwhile to it (read: anything that would assist in verifying Daniel's business is a legit enterprise).

As far as Xtrainingequipment goes... yes, I have a link on my signature. Why? Because they hooked me up with an extremely good deal. I have used them for ordering my equipment. They fulfilled my order completely and at a great price. I have heard wonderful feedback about other sites too -- Rogue Fitness, Fringesport, etc. I have heard horror stories about TheKettleBellKing. I am not the owner or partner or peddling ANY company. I give honest reviews and feedback about who I have dealt with in order to lend other CrossFitters something to weigh their own purchase options with. And I am most certainly NOT the only person to write about Xtrainingequipment on this board, nor am I the only good review. Just saying.

Next time you make a post, get your facts straight and come with something more useful or informative than ill-formed assertions.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #23
James Orr

Profile:

Yes. The way you're trashing this guy and seem to be XTraining's only customer really makes me want to shop.

Last edited by James Orr : 02-16-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Orr View Post
Yes. The way you're trashing this guy and seem to be XTraining's only customer really makes me want to shop.
James:

Read this very clearly before posting again... I am not "trashing this guy". I am pointing out that there are holes in the available information he has put forward that need to be filled. No reasonable person would throw their money at a business without verifying the business is legit.

Additionally... YOU were the one who brought Xtraining into this topic thread. I didn't. However, a quick search function of the CF board will prove your statement absolutely incorrect. I would be more than happy to provide you links to at least 3 other satisfied customers who have posted on the board if you are too lazy to do your own research.

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

Just got off the phone with Ricardo at ETE. He did confirm that David is an "authorized reseller" of ETE's equipment. He did reject the idea that David had any input in the manufacturing or design process or is a partner. David is a 3rd party seller.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a salesperson. Heck, many of the places like Fringesport, Xtraining, Wayfair, etc are all 3rd party middlemen to most of the products they supply. The difference here was the claim of being the manufacturer (false) which made the website photo duplication seem very suspicious.

David: if you were offended by my insistence of verifying your credentials, I apologize. I come from the "trust but verify" mold, so when things don't initially add up, I dig deeper. It would be highly recommended that you add detail to your website clarifying your relationship with ETE and your business address. Registration with California is also a business requirement -- highly advised if you have not done so already. Hope you understand from a consumer viewpoint -- better safe than sorry.

Good luck in your venture.

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
Harley Duncan

Profile:

]

Wanted to take a brief moment to address the picture that Matt astutely pointed out on Mr. Lee’s web-site which shows our VTX engineered, designed and custom constructed colored bumpers coupled with Rage brand med balls and Apollo kettles (which from what I can tell is the only product he actually sells).

However, neither Mr. Lee or for that matter Extreme are authorized dealers of our products and I want to ensure there is no affiliation inferred or implied between their products which appear to be the same generic stock sold by many companies and engineered, branded products like ours.

It may not matter to some but because our products are shown on both sites, I felt it was worth noting.

Best regards,

Harley Duncan

Troy Barbell

Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
Chris Hunke

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vorwald View Post
I nominate Matt Vorwald for Pukie's Bucket. Anyone else?
FYP

Stop trolling and derailing threads

Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

Harley:

Thanks for pointing that fact out. It's nice to see that someone else pays attention to detail as well.

Matt

P.S. Chris: grow up.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #29
Brian Androsian

Profile:

Why is everyone jumping down Matt's throat for showing facts? The guy's first post in here was promoting his product, which I thought was frowned upon around here. Then when someone gives legitimate facts that make it seem fishy, everyone cries about it. I appreciate the posts cause I don't have the time to dig into the company. Not sure what everyone's getting so angry about.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #30
Alden Hingle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Androsian View Post
Why is everyone jumping down Matt's throat for showing facts? The guy's first post in here was promoting his product, which I thought was frowned upon around here. Then when someone gives legitimate facts that make it seem fishy, everyone cries about it. I appreciate the posts cause I don't have the time to dig into the company. Not sure what everyone's getting so angry about.
+1 on Brian's comments. I don't know any of the companies but I thought promoting your business here would result in having links deleted and being sent to the bucket.