CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
David Min Lee

Profile:
Re: Ideas for improved CF equip design-- Intro myself and my fitness equipment compan

2 more things:

The link above is (Work Family Safe), I don't think I can edit it anymore?

I will definitely participate in the community as I love working out and want to learn from the collective insight of this board to improve my fitness level and to design products that are relevant. I just wanted to post here and offer full disclosure through this conversation before I went and posted elsewhere!

Best,
David

Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
Mike Johnson

Profile:
Re: Ideas for improved CF equip design-- Intro myself and my fitness equipment compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Min Lee View Post
The idea for an outdoor specific line is brilliant and I will get to work on this. Ill update the community if we come up with any good solutions. Any and all ideas or links to similar products or designs we would love to see so we can make improvements on them.
I'm glad you think so too. Geat idea Anthony!

Another idea would be equipment that can be moved around easily and you could store in your garage and pull it out when you need it. For example I use my wheel barrow as a double for a rack and a cart for my bumpers and KB's to haul to my workout area. It works good as a farmers walk double too.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #13
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

You still didn't answer the question:

Does YOUR COMPANY manufacture the rigs?

Not "are you closely affiliated with another company that manufactures the rigs?" Or "does your company act as an authorized retailer for the rigs?"

I'm not attacking your company in favor of promoting another. I received fantastic service from another company, and never dealt with yours at all. I am not a seller or manufacturer or retailer myself. I just pointed out the extremely shady appearance of your posts and the websites you claim. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable dealing with a company that exhibits such a customer-facing appearance as yours, because of the lack of clarity.

My two cents.

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

David:

Do you know Claudia Pichardo? I know she was very active in the gym sales business over there in California? Just curious.

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
Andy Armstrong

Profile:

I don't think he has been at all shady in his posts. I think he has been very forthcoming with his answers. I think you are giving him a bit of a hard time considering he has only had 3 posts, and not one of them has come across as spam.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
Collin Thompson

Profile:

Jeez Matt back off. The guy is introducing himself and his company in a professional manner and you're trying to get this thread trashed? There have been so many more "shady" intros not even comparable to this.

"I am able to design and produce equipment with regards to what the community wants and can bring in other equipment depending on what people want as well so I do participate heavily in the design portion of the manufacturing process. Therefore I do lay combined claim to the rig as well as other products we as a collective manufacture."

It sounds like he his a very active middleman.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

You're entitled to your own opinions. Perhaps it's my profession as an auditor that makes me skeptical about the following:

1. Claim that company designed and manufactured those rigs. This claim was partially retracted once faced with evidence they did not. Partial explanation offered included "we are closely affiliated" with the company that appears to actually make them.

2. Claim that his business supplies many gyms in SD and across the country with supplies and equipment. This claim is made despite a clearly shoddy business website, which fails to provide a BUSINESS ADDRESS. This is numero uno in the online scam department. Just saying, and asking for additional clarification. Their web presence was created in the past 3 months.

3. I've searched (WFS) http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/ California Businesses for anything resembling his business name in corporation or LLC form, and nothing close is registered for business. All businesses making sales in CA are required to register and remit sales tax, so there should be some record. Perhaps David can provide clarification here, as this is just working off initial info.

As someone who has seen scam after scam online, I would rather press this individual for details and be called callous than sit back and watch him take people for a ride. Legitimate businesses should have zero difficulty answering direct questions about their business without taking offense. Non-legitimate business people typically play the victim card as if they are under attack.

If Mr. Lee runs a legit shop, then congrats to him and good luck. Asking him to prove it is not unreasonable.

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

This does not appear to me to be a valid business address... this is the address supplied for pickup of items when I made an inquiry:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3986+C...kxHP1u9ljJ3tvw (WFS)

Again... I'm not saying it's a duck. That's for each individual to decide for themself. I'm just saying it waddles and quacks.

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #19
Matt Vorwald

Profile:

Extreme Training Equipment does, however, have a location. Whether or not a legitimate link to ETE exists between that entity and Daniel remains to be seen. Here's a WFS link to a YouTube tour of their facility:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnIHz2_3oUI

Matt

Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
Collin Thompson

Profile:

Guilty until proven innocent is what is coming to mind here. In any case I don't want to be in the middle of a "which business is better" debate since I have no experience with either (and you're clearly peddling ETE) so count me out of further conversation.

But like you said, you have experience with scammers so you know what to look for (or what should be available). And on that front you've brought up plenty of good reasons to be suspicious. I guess we can both agree that hopefully he is legit and just having a bit of a rocky start