CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-13-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
Francisco Galarce Morales

Profile:
Thank you

I just wanted to thank all of you,

I started crossfit about half a year ago.. but in the beginning I had still some injuries so I couldn't do everything and now I train judo and jiujitsu 4 evenings a week and teach it 2 evenings a week so I don't have the time to do the wod's as prescribed...

But I have read as much as I can about the idea's of crossfit and started to implement crossfit type wod's in my classes.. especially the adult classes because I can particapte with them.. and my conditioning has skyrocketed... I ussually had poor conditioning (even with 3 or 4 times training in a week)... with competions I ussually was empty after the first minute..

But I'll describe the matches

februari - a team competition judo.. I had 2 matches.. I won the first easily.. but the second was against a guy ranked number 2 in Holland in the -100 categorie (I weight then 97 kilo's and I'm not even ranked)... I could hold it out until the last minute in which I made a mistake and got thrown... I was tired but not as tired as I used to be playing against lesser opponents..

march, dutch championships jiujitsu -94 kilo categorie (japanese, fighting system)... My first match I won on points.. I wasn't that tired... second match I lost against a former worldchampion... no shame in that. And my third match was against a former dutch champion.. good guy.. I gave 150% almost had him a few times but lost it on points... 4th of Holland..

may.. judo tournament... in the 90+ categorie, I weighted 93 kilo's, both of my opponents were about 110 kilo's (had to play twice against each guy). I played my first match to a draw after 8minutes... I lost due to a coin toss.. I didn't breath hard but my opponent was wasted...

The second match I won in 30 second...

The third match again against the first opponent I won on points after 4 minutes... and again I didn't even breath hard..

fourth match again in 30 second so I came in first place

Last saturday I had again a team competion in judo... I drawed the first match.. again not even breathing hard... the team already won so I decided to start experimenting.. something I never did because with my weak conditioning I couldn't think rationally let alone experiment with movement.

The second match I really wasted my opponents dragging him all over the mat... he bearly had the energy to stand up.. in my overconfidence I made a mistake and got thrown for ippon... but still I wasn't even breathing hard and he was wasted..

I still have a lot of work to do with the sportspecific training and drilling but I am so happy my conditioning is not the retraining factor anymore in my matches...

crossfit

edit:

here's a picture of the tournament I won

http://i28.tinypic.com/2lnc01t.jpg

Last edited by Francisco Galarce Morales : 05-13-2008 at 05:06 AM.