CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Squat and C&J

As I see others working with ya on cl, i will hold off there! As to jerk, slight dip (not so deep) and then as arms go up, shuffle and split feet. Yeah they barely leave (or should) leave the ground!
This might show you some more tips:
http://www.performancemenu.com/resou.../cleanJerk.mov
wfs
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
Evan Satterfield

Profile:

I'm clueless regarding the lifts but the videos are really well done. Nice slow mo!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Ben Kimmerle

Profile:

Sarena: That video helped, but I guess I just gotta hit the gym and feel it for myself. Always been more of a hands on learner!

Evan: Thanks, it's not even that hard, just used Windows Movie Maker to slow things down so people can see all of my flaws.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
Scott Bolan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Kimmerle View Post
Scot: I'm confused as to what you mean by "splits". And no I do not lift in front of a mirror. I stopped doing that a while ago because I realized (as you said) that I was becoming dependent on it and couldn't do without it. I'm looking into getting lifting shoes, but as a broke college student I have other priorities too (aka food!)
Sorry for the poor description. When you start the clean your feet should be about shoulder width apart. When you catch the bar your feet should be wider. Your feet should be more than shoulder width apart.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #15
Brandon Oto

Profile:

That's not how I'd describe the jumping position. Most people like their feet under their HIPS, which is narrower than our shoulders... for most of us anyway.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
Ryan Stitt

Profile:

In the jerk motion, according to my understanding of Coach Burgener, the feet should remain the same distance apart as they were during the dip/drive. There is a simple drill using a cross of tape on the floor. If you work with a light enough weight start with the arches of your feet on the middle of the line in the rack position. When you do your split jerk, the front and back feet should move equal distances. The should also go straight forward and back.

As far as the feet not coming off the floor, I think this is correct. Although your feet do come off the floor when going 100% against a sub-maximal lift, when you start pushing weight, they will tend to stay down. If they don't, then you get to go heavier I know from my own training that during doubles and triples I get a lot more elevation and almost feel like the bar is coming down against me more so than wehn I get heavy and am just eeking under the bar.