CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Colleen Quigley

Profile:
New Mama

I've been following the site since last summer sometime...was introduced and sold after the first workout.

But I keep starting and can never seem to stick with it for more than two-three weeks. So, I'm online and starting a workout log. I know I'm less likely to quit/slack if other people out there "see" me slacking (whether anyone's actually reading or not). I think my problem is I'd rather workout in the evening, but I never seem to find consistent time, especially with a toddler. So starting Monday, I'll be up at 6am.

Quick bio: 28, Married, mama to an 18month old, I work FT in finance and PT military.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Re: New Mama

Hey Colleen,
Don't worry, there are plenty of people on this board who will keep tabs on you and offer support and encouragement as required. Good luck on your bet!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Welcome!

I train in the morning too. The key for me is getting everything ready the night before - my gym clothes, my work clothes, my breakfast - everything. That way when I stumble out of bed at 4:30 AM, everything is laid out in such a fashion to get me dressed and out the door quickly.

And put your gym clothes on as SOON as you get up. Once you put them on, I bet you'll feel like you have to work out - you'd feel silly walking around in 'em for a half hour and then not doing anything.

For the first month or two, resort to whatever tricks you need to make sure you get your training in.

Good luck, keep posting.
Melissa
Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Trampas Hutches

Profile:

I do the same as Melissa. I have everything set out ready for me at 4:30 am. Even down to the order I put on my clothes and toothpaste on my toothbrush even the night before (I can grunge it but nothing worse that morning work out breath!). Some mornings I hate it, but as soon as I get my WU in life gets better and after the WOD I am verry happy I did it.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
Colleen Quigley

Profile:

Wow. 4:30am. That's crazy. I don't think you could pay me enough to get up that early...6am is early enough for me!

Good idea, getting everything ready the night before. I do that to an extent already, but if it's all good to go then there's no puttering around in the morning. I'll need to figure out the night before what my workout will be if it's one I can't follow. Otherwise I know I'll waste time deciding on a WOD.