CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #41
Trevor Wallace

Profile:
Re: Tried Out For American Gladiator

When I saw that American Gladiator was starting up again I thought that I would love to see a Crossfiter get on the show and just spank those Gladiators. Good luck Becca!!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #42
Adam Noble

Profile:

My friend and crossfit workout partner is in. Look for Dusty Hyland on American Gladiator! (I'd like to think that my directorial debut in his submission video was no small help hahahaha.) Anyway, one crossfitter in.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:43 AM   #43
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Noble View Post
My friend and crossfit workout partner is in. Look for Dusty Hyland on American Gladiator! (I'd like to think that my directorial debut in his submission video was no small help hahahaha.) Anyway, one crossfitter in.
No kidding? That's pretty sweet
Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #44
Josh Briggs

Profile:

Pat Czismazia was one of the original competitors on this. It would be interesting if they got him back on.

He was crossfitting long before there was crossfit, and along with his sister kim, is one of the most physically talented people of our generation.

Last I saw him, he was enjoying "a summer off" doing daily 15 - 50mile hill runs in Sun Valley... barefoot.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #45
Cal Jones

Profile:

Great stuff! I used to love Gladiators (the UK version) in the 90s.

If anyone of you guys want a real challenge, you should get yourselves to Japan and compete in Ninja Warrior (aka Sasuke) - it's essentially a series of freakin hard obstacle courses that very few manage to complete.

Link to the Wikipedia article (w/s for this page): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Warrior

There's a similar show called Viking that airs on ESPN I believe.

This is crazy hard but perhaps an elite crossfitter could do well.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #46
Paul Mirek

Profile:

Okay, I saw the line-up for American Gladiators while I recovered from "Angie" by sitting on the couch and wasting my brain away with Deal or No Deal...

So I was wondering who's who...a few people mentioned that their friends are on the show. I am not sure if they meant as the gladiators or as contestants. If they are the Gladiators, I am sorry they made you wear so much make-up. I don't know many individuals who put on make-up to kick the butts of others. But hey, that's marketing I guess.

So, if you are a Gladiator or a contestant, let us know who you are and when you will be on; the CrossFit community would love to support you!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #47
Nick Cruz

Profile:

I just hope your not the blond greek god guy that winks at the camera at the end of the commercial. Cause that was uh, awkward.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #48
John Schneider

Profile:

Man, I tried out and got called back, but they didn't have me make a video. I would have loved to do it as well Oh well, good luck to those that did make it cause I look forward to seeing some CrossFitters kicking azz. It was funny at the first tryouts, they had both gladiator and competitor hopefuls. The gladiator hopefuls that I saw could barely do pullups and were not very agile.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #49
Adam Noble

Profile:

Well my friend made it, but because he is local (lives in L.A.) they made him an alternate, so he was on standby (two hour notice) for two weeks in case some one got hurt. He did not get used for the first season, but the production company said he is on the list for season two should it get picked up. I went with him to watch some of the eliminator (final obstacle race between competitors). Anyway can't comment on that as I signed a non disclosure thingy, but should he make it to that race, it won't even be contest IMHO; judging by what I watched. I will say the cheese factor is ever present just like the old show.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #50
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Noble View Post
Well my friend made it, but because he is local (lives in L.A.) they made him an alternate, so he was on standby (two hour notice) for two weeks in case some one got hurt. He did not get used for the first season, but the production company said he is on the list for season two should it get picked up. I went with him to watch some of the eliminator (final obstacle race between competitors). Anyway can't comment on that as I signed a non disclosure thingy, but should he make it to that race, it won't even be contest IMHO; judging by what I watched. I will say the cheese factor is ever present just like the old show.
The cheese factor is what made it awesome though.

Hopefully they have some more physically fit gladiators though. I was watching some reruns and if the competitors had some decent aerobic ability they were just wasting them on stuff like power ball.