CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #61
Aaron Winter

Profile:
Re: Shoes-Running-Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Loizides View Post
Also, I was in a store recently and saw the Puma Saloh. They looked identical to H Streets. You might want to give them a try.
Thank you! This solves the discontinued H-street problem (f there was any) and makes for a cheaper shoe. There's only a women's Saloh on Puma's website, but Zappos has them for men.

H. Street - $73.95 on Zappos
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...3-116902-d.jpg

Saloh - $68.95 ("An update to the H. Street")
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...9-435171-d.jpg

The Cortlandts look great, and thank you for the review, but I think the Saloh is really what I'm looking for. I'm going to try to track down some tai chis, salohs, sambas, etc soon and try them all on.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #62
Darren Zega

Profile:  

With the scientific measurement of my eye, I would guess that it's not quite as good as the h-street. The upper looks a little more restrictive than the h (next to trying on a fivefingers I've never felt anything so light), and the padding in the collar might restrict movement as well.

That said, having found a grey one on zappos, the thought of not having to wash my shoes (I have a white pair of h-streets) after every single wear makes me really want to get a pair.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #63
Chris Robinson

Profile:

The Saloh's were reviewed on the PoseTech forum and many people did not like them nearly as much as the H-street. Like Darren noticed, the Saloh's have a leather piece across the upper which the posers (those who run using the Pose method) did not like. I tried the Salohs on at a local shoe store and liked them. I've never done any Pose running, so they felt drastically different (in a good way) than my current running shoes. Ultimately, I think your like or dislike of the Saloh's will depend on how much Pose-style running you've done and what type of shoes you've been running in.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #64
Nathan Repasky

Profile:

Just bought two pairs of H-Streets because of this thread. Found them on ebay. Man, it was hard to find these shoes in my size. I got real lucky that someone was selling two new pairs in my size. I'm usually cautious with purchases such as these but I don't think I'll be disappointed. For everyone who contributed to this thread .
Old 10-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #65
John Schneider

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
I use Vibram Fivefingers as most people on here know. I love them, they are like being barefoot with a nice piece of rubber making sure rocks don't slice your feet apart. Other then that, its like not having shoes on, forcing you to forefoot run, cause if you try to land on your heel first you'll know it immediately.
I LOVE my five fingers. They are awesome for everything except the O-lifts and OH squat because my flexibility sucks and I need a little something in the heal.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 AM   #66
Ryan Blair

Profile:

My first post on CF! I've been lurking for a while now and have learned so much from these boards. How about these(Puma Road Racer)? I'm currently trying to transition to POSE a bit at a time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Racer.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	870  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #67
Tim Donahey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Blair View Post
My first post on CF! I've been lurking for a while now and have learned so much from these boards. How about these(Puma Road Racer)? I'm currently trying to transition to POSE a bit at a time.
Hi Ryan, welcome to crazy town! Just from looking at it, it appears to have all of the disadvantages of the Saloh's (see above) w/o any of the benefits of the H-Streets. I'd personally recommend the Cortlandt XC Road as a transition shoe.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #68
Bart Kennedy

Profile:

Anyone used or had any experience with the New Balance 790's?

http://newbalance.com/running/trail/MR790/ (WFS)

I played with them a bit and they hardly have any padding. Very light. I think they would be a good fit for someone like me who is rather flat-footed.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #69
Aaron Winter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Kennedy View Post
Anyone used or had any experience with the New Balance 790's?

http://newbalance.com/running/trail/MR790/ (WFS)

I played with them a bit and they hardly have any padding. Very light. I think they would be a good fit for someone like me who is rather flat-footed.
George mentioned on page 6 that he switches between his VFFs and the 790s. I tried on a pair of 790s today and LOVED them.

I'm not flat-footed, but I felt very close to the ground and I liked having no support. I'd like to hear what others have to say about this shoe as well. Is it ok on the street or is there a different model better suited for that? And of course, will it last longer than 500 miles?

Last edited by Aaron Winter : 10-25-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #70
Martin Weir

Profile:

I have flat feet. Will any of these shoes be a problem. If so is there an alternative?