CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 07-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #31
Michael Ernest Estrada

Profile:
Did anyone see the show on spike showing Shamrocks and ortiz workouts? Tito was off the hook and if Ken fights Tito like he trains it will be a very short night for Kenny boy, Tito will distroy him.
Mike Estrada
Maguilla BJJ combat club
Delaware Grapplers
Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #32
Paul Alvarez

Profile:
Location: Long Beach for school, Maui and San Jose are home  CA
Yah ive also heard Ken has been working on his striking-training in boxing. I hope to GOD that he called his brother for some work on his ground game because if he has mainly been focussing on striking, I dont see him winning-maybe unless he had been training CrossPit style with Chuck and John:proud:. I hope he can win so he can retire with a decent reputation. I hope we get to see a rematch with Frank but I think its highly unlikely that tito will fight the guy who dominated him mentally and physically, for little pay in strikeforce, and im sure we all know where Frank stands on the ufc.

My moneys on Ken the odds are bet 100 and win 420
Old 07-06-2006, 01:18 AM   #33
Charlie Jackson

Profile:
I hope we get to see a rematch with Frank but I think its highly unlikely that tito will fight the guy who dominated him mentally and physically

dominated him physically? I don't think there was anything close to domination. Tito gassed and he quit. Fight was pretty even up till that point. Tito was probably ahead on the cards.

Rematch with Frank would be an easy win for Tito. Tito's in a whole different class than Frank now. Frank's not even ranked in the top 10 in 185.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #34
Charles Bergeron

Profile:  
I'm always dissapointed in these older fighter's comeback fights. What is this for Shamrock? His 6th comeback fight. It's not that I don't like him (which I don't) I'm just always dissapointed in the old school fighters. Like Mark Kerr when he had his 4 comeback fights. I wanted so much for him to be the cats meow again but he let me down. Most of the time these comeback fighters tire out easily and just hold on. So that's my prediction. Tito with a decision.

As for comeback fights, I'm posting a thread on my favorite fighter who's having a comeback fight in the end of July- Bas Rutten.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #35
Matt Munson

Profile:
I don't want to make any heavy predictions because anything can happen, but if I were forced to bet I'd say Tito will win by decision. I like and dislike both Tito and Ken. They both have good and bad qualities, but I was very impressed with Tito and very disappointed with Ken in TUF3.
Ultimately I'd like to see Ken win just so they can both say they've won once and maybe then they'll shut up.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #36
Michael Ernest Estrada

Profile:
The only way ken can win is if Tito is a no show,dont think that will happen.

I want Tito to pound him and just before ken Taps or big john stops the fight Tito lets ken up.Tito takes him down again and just before Tito submits Ken he lets him up again.

Tito is a much better fighter now then he ever was, Shamrock is no match for Tito.I would love to see Frank and tito fight again.

There is a new breed of fighters coming up, so watch out older fighters

Michael
Maguilla BJJ
Delaware grapplers
crossfit/crosspit
Old 07-08-2006, 08:26 AM   #37
Mark Dowst

Profile:
He would have to improve his striking about 5000% to have a legit puncher's chance. Not going to happen.

Ken is definately tougher than Tito when it comes to taking shots. Ken's boxing looked good until he got a premature TKO in Pride 30. I beleive Ken will have a slight advantage on the feet, requiring Tito to take him down and pound him out.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #38
Matt Munson

Profile:
That stoppage was bogus, man!!!!!

That wasn't even a contest. Without even taking sides at all, that stoppage was unwarranted, IMHO.

Just my $.02.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #39
Steven Low

Profile:
That fight was busted. So was the Silvia and Arlovski. MEH. There wasn't really any good fighting tonight. :-(
Old 07-09-2006, 05:46 AM   #40
Michael Ernest Estrada

Profile:
If the ref had not stopped the fight when he did Tito would have hurt Ken real bad. 5 elbows to the head, and all of them were right on target, Ken was not defending himself.Frank Mir was so fat and out of shape he could not even do a submission.The heavyeight fight,if I wanted to see a boxing match I would have watched friday night fights(boring)I did like the Joe Stevenson fight and wish i could have seen hermas franca fight.Over all a waste of my money.
Michael Estrada
Maguilla BJJ
Delaware grapplers

P.S. Shoulder Surg. on Tuesday so no crossfit or BJJ for a while.