CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-22-2006, 06:51 AM   #1
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
TSE would have been brutal after Barbara! Gah! Glad it was you and not me. :D

I'll have to check out that abmat thingy ... more pain sounds like fun. Ha!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thursday 060622

CFWU (minus pull-ups) x 3

"Helen"

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
12 Pull-ups

subs - none
time - a disappointing 10:44

I can't remember my last time, but it was in the mid to high 9's, and this one is not...meaning i got slower!!! I do have a few theories as to why, though. First off, the heat. The last time i did this, it was of moderate temperature outside. This time it was a scorching 103 degrees. My energy levels don't do nearly as well in extreme heat. Second, my diet has been absolutely atrocious for about 3 weeks...nuff' said. Third, when i was taught KB swings, i was tought to only go to face height by the instructor. So last time i did Helen, i went to face height, as i was taught. But then i saw the Crossfit DVD with Greg doing helen and the KB going all the way overhead. So, this time i did the full overhead version. It wasn't any harder, but does probably take more time.

So there it is, all my theories to try and justify the bottom line...I'm getting worse!!!

Anthony: Abmat + lots of sit-ups = VERY sore abs!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060623

CFWU x 3

Push Jerk 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 reps

45 x 5
95 x 3
115 x 2
125 x 2
135 x 2
145 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
175 x 1
185 x 1

I was really looking forward to this workout, but did something to my elbow playing dodgeball the day before (i spend some time working with kids). I think that it was just the repetitive maximal effort throws that hurt it. It feels like tendonitis, but i'm not sure. All i do know is that it hurts pretty bad. It only hurt in the rack position and bringing the weight back down. I wanted to try a little more weight, but i didn't want to injure it further.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060624

CFWU x 3

"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

as demonstrated = 5:10

Then, front squat 135 x 30 reps ( about 5 min later)

Wasn't sure what to do on this one as the video clearly showed power cleans, but i thought we were supposed to do squat cleans. I know there was some discussion on this in the comments, but i figured what is good for those two beasts is good enough for me. Besides, i figured that they weren't going into a squat because the weight isn't very heavy. Object is to get it to your shoulders and if it's light enough to do so without a full squat, all the better. I also think the push jerk/split jerk argument is moot...it says clean and JERK. Any jerk works. And just to be clear, i did about 20 as split jerks and 10 as push jerks. I like them both. With the weight light like this, i tend to default to the push jerk, but when it gets heavy i go to a split...just what feels right. For good measure, i threw in 30 front squats with 135 lbs. afterwards.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Monday 060626

CFWU x 2

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
21 Jumping pull-ups
65 pound barbell Thruster, 15 reps

as rx'd, rounds = 7 + 17 jumping pull-ups

Damned if this wasn't one very deceiving WOD!!! Looked so docile on paper. I started off with a bang, but faded pretty quickly. Lungs were on fire from the jumping pull-ups!! I followed the instructions for these and came down to full arm extension (about a quarter squat) and it caused a whole new world of exhaustion. I need to stop resting so much and suck it up...i was hoping for at least 9 rounds!

On to some back squats and L-sit practice tomorrow...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #6
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060627

CFWU x 2

Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

45 x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
250 x 5
275 x 5
290 x 5 PR!!

*all weight in lbs.

Well, i went into this day with very little energy but it worked out quite well. I got very little sleep the night before due to my future sister-in-law being bed ridden (which would turn into an emergency appendectomy a few hours later), and me helping to care for my 14 month old nephew...who was violently opposed to sleeping through the night!!! it resulted in about 3 hours of sleep and not a lot of energy to squat heavy.

Oh, but what a differnce the first few sets can make!! For some odd reason everything felt fairly light (which i still find odd with how little heavy squatting we do overall...but, definitely not complaining). I was hoping for 275 x 5, but when i did it i knew i had more in me. My previous best, at any bodyweight, was 280 x 5...and that wasn't nearly as powerful as these felt!!! I like that my squats are going up consistently..I look forward to squatting respectable weight in the near future!!!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #7
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
290x5 is respectable! Nice work Jeremy!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060628

CFWU x 3

"Michael"

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

subs = none
time = 28:42

Well, better late than never with this post, but i did complete the workout on wednesday. It was slower than my previous time. basically, i was gassed. My legs were a bit sore from the 5 x 5 back squats and after the first round my legs felt like lead. Sit-ups with the ab mat are still slow, but they are improving. Pretty good overall, but i can and will improve this time.

Anthony- thanks!!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060630

I didn't do the posted WOD on friday, as i was down in Santa Cruz to meet with Tony from HQ. Since i was there and observing how things run there, i jumped in to one of their group workouts. It went pretty well. I don't remember what my score was, but the workout was:

As many clean and jerks you can do in 1 minute with 95lbs, followed by 1 minute rest. Repeat 10 times. Idea is to try and maintain your first round number the whole time. I was at 10 the first round and had an 11, a couple more 10s and a few 9s. So, i did pretty well. Not as well as some of the beasts there, but ok. I then got some help with my kipping which has resulted in some big strides (for me at least) in that department!

I must say that everyone at HQ is out-of-their way friendly and made me feel very welcome. Thanks to all of them for their help and generosity!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060701

CFWU x 2

Overhead squat 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

65 x 3
85 x 3
95 x 3
105 x 3
115 x 3
125 x 3
135 x 3
**all weights in lbs.

This went ok. I really like overhead squats and have been looking forward to them, but i have an injury that made them a little shaky today. I would have liked to attempt a little more weight, but my back wasn't going to let me.

Last week, on tuesday, i attempted to do a set of windshield wipers...with no WU. On my first one i felt a twinge in my lower back that made me not want to move. It is a little better and some things i would expect to hurt it don't (i.e. cleans yesterday) and other things make me cringe. For example, in no way can i put a sock on while sitting...not even close. The pain is too great. I hope that by being cautious it will take care of itself soon.