CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 03-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Michael Brewer

Profile:
I've always been a stickler for thourghoness and sound design. This is what really appealed to me just now as I read the journal artical on the CrossFit Template. It is a beautiful design and I think I will follow a WOD pattern that goes along with the template.

I have been performing the Rx'd WODs a few days behind. I did 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 Deadlifts today (instead of push press as I've wanted to work on my DL form). Accroding to the template, that would mean today was my "W" (weight lifting) workout. Tomorrow I need a "MG" (metabolic & gymnastic) workout. I looked around the archives for some ideas for a MG workout, and taking into consideration the layout of my gym, I came up with the following WOD and wanted some imput. Should this be adjusted in any way? Did I miss out on some important principal?:

3 rounds for time:
Run 800 m
15 ft Rope climb, 3 ascents

And of course, is there anyone who is interested in doing the same wod? I'd love to get some other times to compare myself to. After all, what's more motivating about CF than the friendly competition?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Michael Brewer

Profile:
And to head off some questions by newbs, here's the CrossFit Template I refered to:

https://store.crossfit.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?rnd=1183755&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=& aff=&pg=prod&ref=art04&cat=cfjart&catstr=HOME:cfja rt
Old 03-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Michael Brewer

Profile:
Performed the WOD above today. Funny how it almost exactly matches the WOD RX by Coach! Do great minds think alike or what?!

When I say "performed" I really mean: I went with my buddy to do this WOD. However, he had never climbed a rope in his life and was unable to do even a single ascent, or even a 1/4 ascent. Dispite the fact that I can only do one or two strict pull-ups while he can do six or seven, I did two or three climbs trying to show the technique.

Time was passing so we ran the 800m, then I did two quik ascents. He tried to give it a go but was unable to get anywhere. After a few minutes we decided on jumping pullups as a substitute. I did about 5 (didn't count) and he did 10. Then we went running again.

The second time around for the rope wasn't any more successful. I did two ascents, he tried a few times. We ended up doing more jumping pull-ups and then hit the track.

The third time around I was only able to get one ascent. We both finished with 10 jumping pull-ups.

Time for this wod went out the window due to time spent working on technique, but we finished in about 25 minutes.