CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: New Guy here

It depends on what is available to you in your locale really. For me its not any more expensive than good quality cow milk, for others it simply isn't carried commonly in their local stores and can be quite expensive.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
Andrew Breyer

Profile:

Do you drink coconut milk or use it for preparing meals. I've used it for making curry, but nothing else really. I'm curious to hear other uses..
Old 04-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #13
Edwin Bona

Profile:

I think I actually made myself lactose intolerant over the last week. I was just drinking more milk then usual, now I cant touch milk or cheese or even my whey powder.
Kinda feel like an idiot right now haha, I never thought it would make me sick like that though
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
Edwin Bona

Profile:

Got 3 classes down since my fundamentals. I'm feeling great so far, sore but great. Already feeling much stronger in the lifts and just all around. Probably going to take a day off to rest tomorrow.

I saw this quote on another thread, thought it was pretty deep:

"Some one once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become."
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Breyer View Post
Do you drink coconut milk or use it for preparing meals. I've used it for making curry, but nothing else really. I'm curious to hear other uses..
Its good for anything you'd use milk for . I drink maybe .5-1 cup most days, good for making the occasional fruit smoothie or mixing a a couple tbsp with tea/coffee. Its a great source of healthy fat & calories.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
Edwin Bona

Profile:

So far everything is going great. I've been getting a lot better at the oly lifting form. Gained about 10 ish pounds so far too. Feeling great!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
Andrew Breyer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Its good for anything you'd use milk for . I drink maybe .5-1 cup most days, good for making the occasional fruit smoothie or mixing a a couple tbsp with tea/coffee. Its a great source of healthy fat & calories.
Interesting. Would you use full fat coconut oil or reduced? In the can or in a carton? I've used the full fat coconut oil in curry, but it was very thick. I'm sure there's better types for drinking.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #18
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Breyer View Post
Interesting. Would you use full fat coconut oil or reduced? In the can or in a carton? I've used the full fat coconut oil in curry, but it was very thick. I'm sure there's better types for drinking.
Coconut milk, not oil, though I use oil for cooking as well. I've used both coconut milk from the can (various brands) and the carton (SO Delicious brand, unflavoured)), I find the stuff in the carton is much thicker so I usually have to water it down for regular drinking but its good as is for everything else. I also just noticed Silk brand came out with coconut milk in cartons, so I'm keep to try that I'm betting it is chock full of sugar though.

Last edited by Rebecca Roth : 04-21-2011 at 02:22 PM.