CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #91
Debra Rainer

Profile:
Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

Hi Tyler

I looking to buy Rings and leaning towards the new Elite Rings. I love that they have 3 different grips.

I really don't want to wait too long for them so not sure if I will get your rings because they're not in stock. You know how it is when you want new equipment right away. LOL

Question..If I were to place an order today how long would I have to wait before I get them ?

I live in NYC if that helps with figuring out the delivery time.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #92
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Hi Debra,
It's one of the problems of having a very popular set of rings, they're very hard to keep in stock. But we are receiving a new batch possibly by the end of this week, so orders will start going out again soon. Shipping to NYC takes usually 3-4 business days.
Thanks,
Tyler
Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #93
Debra Rainer

Profile:

Thanks Tyler

I'll be placing an order this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hass View Post
Hi Debra,
It's one of the problems of having a very popular set of rings, they're very hard to keep in stock. But we are receiving a new batch possibly by the end of this week, so orders will start going out again soon. Shipping to NYC takes usually 3-4 business days.
Thanks,
Tyler
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #94
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Rainer View Post
Hi Tyler

I looking to buy Rings and leaning towards the new Elite Rings. I love that they have 3 different grips.

I live in NYC if that helps with figuring out the delivery time.
Just so you know. I LOVE the measured lengths for the straps and for that alone it's worth waiting for. Makes it so much easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Sedgwick View Post
Tyler,
We just ordered 4 sets for our box and so far everyone loves them. I did run into a problem however when I did the hero workout "Tyler" today. It is the first time I have used them for muscleups and between my warmup and workout I probably did around 40 mu's today. The rubber on the set that I used started peeling off around number 5 or 6, and by the end of the workout they were pretty torn up. Has anyone else had this problem? or did I just get a bad set? I haven't tried the other sets we got in the shipment to see if they will do the same thing, but I plan to. Please let me know what I should do regarding this.

Thanks.

Scott Sedgwick
www.crossfitparabellum.com (wfs)
ssedgwick@sbcglobal.net
I actually wrapped the finest textured grip area with athletic tape. I like the rubber grips for dips and pushups but like Scott, they seemed to wear off for muscleups so I use the taped area for that. After a week of muscle up attempts, the rubber definitely started peeling. That was the other reason why I went to wrapping the one section with athletic tape. I can take pictures and send them to you.

Last edited by Jeremy Galo : 11-05-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #95
Mauricio Leal

Profile:

Hey I've been using these rings now for a couple months now, and although the setup is a bit more complicated, the multi-grip, strap length markings, and S-buckle easy removal are great new features for rings. I have a small concern though, as yesterday while I was doing assisted pull-up with my feet on a bucket (I am rehabbing from a broken arm) the right strap suddenly came out of the S-buckle. I was not hurt at all just a little surprised.

Now, I have followed the EXF Ring Setup Guide (WFS) very closely, and I believe the main reason it came out was that the opening for the S-buckles were both facing the same direction -- to the right. Therefore, the left strap buckle was open toward the inside of the rings, while the right strap buckle was open towards the outside. Because of my tendency to pull slightly outwards while doing these assisted pull-ups (perhaps my full weight would prevent this slippage), and maybe because of the short distance between the buckles and the cams I am operating at, somehow this slight outward pull generated enough force to cause the forward strap (not the stitched portion) to slip from the buckle. See the attached pictures to see what I mean about orientations and the potential for slippage when the buckles are not pulled completely tight against the bar supporting them (Which does tend to happen on its own). Note the picture file names to make it more obvious which side/config is which. I still think this is a great set of rings, but I am pretty strong on the rings and I hate to even have a slight worry about a buckle slip while doing a cross or HSPUs, which can have some significant outward pull on the rings, but I imagine that the greater the tension the less the possibility for this slippage.

Again, this happened while doing assisted pull-ups, so it is possible that the slippage occurred during a portion of the movement where I was still pulling slightly outward but had reduced tension on the straps because I was relying more on my feet for assistance. I was able to duplicate the slip once more but it's difficult to tell what exactly causes it besides a lot of outward pulling and tension variation. Perhaps a word of caution about buckle orientation is all that is needed. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bad_config.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	5447  Click image for larger version

Name:	bad_right_S_buckle.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	5448  Click image for larger version

Name:	good config.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	5449  Click image for larger version

Name:	good_left_S_buckle.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	5450  Click image for larger version

Name:	good_right_S_buckle.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	5451  

Old 11-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #96
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Hi Mauricio,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have tried many times to cause the S-Buckle to fail, but have never been able to. I think in your case, it must be a combination of a few factors. The most important is that you have the straps very short. In fact, you have the cam buckles touching the rings, which is a no-no.
Secondly, with your feet on a bucket, you might be pushing forward, instead of straight down, since you are not hanging. And lastly, it looks like you have the straps too close together. So, this would cause the outward pull, instead of straight down.

If possible, could you send me a video of your setup and what you did? I just set my rings up like the photos you sent, but I couldn't duplicate what happened. Even pulling straight sideways with no weight on the rings didn't do it. I tried pushing forward as well, but it just caused the straps to rotate around my bar. I held the strap in place, and pushing forward and sideways still didn't even come close to getting the strap near the exit point.
I'd be very grateful if you could send me a quick video. My e-mail address is tyler@ringtraining.com.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #97
Mauricio Leal

Profile:

Alright I will try to put together a video in the next day or two.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #98
Ian Strand

Profile:

I just thought I'd put in a harmless plug; there was a shipping issue after I ordered a set of Elite II rings, but Tyler was really helpful with getting the matter resolved in a timely fashion.

Great company, sometimes it's difficult dealing with customer service departments, but not with www.ringtraining.com (wfs).
Old 11-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #99
Eric Cohen

Profile:

Tyler, I have 3 sets of rings, for personal use, by you. The elite, the elite IIs, and the EXFs and I have to say all 3 have been the best investment for travelling and keeping in shape.

My only complaint was the grip for the first 2 you made I had to use tennis racket tape around them for muscle-ups. The EXF's non-slip grip addressed that and it's awesome; I couldn't ask for more (except maybe a grappling gun hook-on attachment so I don't have to get a ladder to hang them).
Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #100
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Ian,
Thanks for your understanding and patience on the shipping issues. I'm grateful to have customers like you.

Eric,
I'm glad to hear you like the new design. I spent over a year on its development, so it's exciting that it's now out there and making a difference. Thanks for the feedback!

Tyler
ringtraining.com