CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Dip attachment for Squat Rack

I found a great dip attachment for a squat rack, but they don't deliver in the US. I need something that is:

- adjustable or angled since many of my personal training clients have very small width shoulders
- portable as i travel to many different locations for training including homes, schools, offices, etc...
- not too expensive

The one i found is http://www.gymratz.co.uk/dipping-bars-for-power-rack (W/F/S) but they don't ship in the US.

Any ideas?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Robert Britt Freund

Profile:
Re: Dip attachment for Squat Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I found a great dip attachment for a squat rack, but they don't deliver in the US. I need something that is:

- adjustable or angled since many of my personal training clients have very small width shoulders
- portable as i travel to many different locations for training including homes, schools, offices, etc...
- not too expensive

The one i found is http://www.gymratz.co.uk/dipping-bars-for-power-rack (W/F/S) but they don't ship in the US.

Any ideas?
Hellen, you might try contacting Scott Schroeder at Samson equipment. They make all sorts of equipment and are good at custom-manufacturing. Their stuff is very high-end, however, so it won't be cheap. I have a bunch of their equipment in my own home gym, and have been pleased with it.

Just a thought...

Regards,
brittf
Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Tyler Hass

Profile:

I don't think you can beat rings for portability and adjustability for different body sizes. They have a lot of other uses too, in addition to dips.
I hope this helps,
Tyler
ringtraining.com (wfs)
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Robert Britt Freund

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hass View Post
I don't think you can beat rings for portability and adjustability for different body sizes. They have a lot of other uses too, in addition to dips.
I hope this helps,
Tyler
ringtraining.com (wfs)
You know, I think I have to second Tyler's suggestion. It is a better idea than trying to get a custom dip attachment for a rack. Of course, ring dips are quite a bit harder than regular dips, so that might be an issue...

Regards,
brittf
Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
Carlo Mattia

Profile:

print out the picture and take it to a welder and have him make it with a hook on the top instead of the ring that the bar goes through

FATIGUE MAKES COWARDS OUT OF MEN
Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
Ian Kovtunovich

Profile:

I was thinking, if the places you are training at always have a couple of bars available, you could come up with something simple to just bridge two bars across the pins in the squat rack, at about dip height, and dip on those. Maybe some blocks of high-density foam like they use for mounting kayaks on car roof racks. Not as elegant as those add-on dippers in your post, which look awesome, but simple, anyway.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hass View Post
I hope this helps,
Tyler
ringtraining.com (wfs)
Yes, i have rings but a lot of my clients don't have the necessary shoulder stability. They really are a lot harder. My clients use them for a lot of other things though to build that stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Mattia View Post
print out the picture and take it to a welder and have him make it with a hook on the top instead of the ring that the bar goes through
Thats a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Kovtunovich View Post
I was thinking, if the places you are training at always have a couple of bars available, you could come up with something simple to just bridge two bars across the pins in the squat rack, at about dip height, and dip on those. Maybe some blocks of high-density foam like they use for mounting kayaks on car roof racks. Not as elegant as those add-on dippers in your post, which look awesome, but simple, anyway.
Yes, i have also put an oly bar in a low rack to do dips on, but that is tougher on the shoulders than parallel bar dips.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:38 AM   #8
David Long

Profile:

http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/legen...-fullsize.html

W/F/S link

Legend makes one that is a nice width and super solid, but the handles seem a bit fat. $$$ also. In the gym we would use the handles on the leg raise machine.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
Robert Britt Freund

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Mattia View Post
You know, if you really want bar dips rather than ring dips and you want the attachment to work on almost any rack, Carlo's suggestion might be the best.

Regards,
brittf