CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 05-14-2008, 04:27 AM   #1
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:
Help

How do you post a video? Sorry for making a thread for this but I'm not sure how to do anything besides post on my workout log and I want to be critiqued on my form and today being deadlifts I want to record and put on youtube.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
Dave Hancock

Profile:
Re: Help

go to youtube.com, make an account (free) and upload a video. Come back here and post the link to your video.

As far as I know, you can't embed youtube videos here. HTML is turned off in the formums.

Last edited by Dave Hancock : 05-14-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:

k im going to record my deadlifts today.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwCyVWQRZfAWFS?? i think thats it.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 06-03-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Robert Callahan

Profile:

First off that is awsome that you are deadlifting in the living room! :-P

The first thing i noticed was that your feet are really wide apart, they should be a comfortable jumping position which is typically just inside shoulder width. Having them closer will allow your arms to come in closer on the grip which reduces the range of motion of the bar. second in the start position you could drop your butt a bit more. thirdly your hips raise up before the weight leaves the floor effectivly taking your legs out of the equation. This is really common, one thing that helped me was focusing on keeping my upper back very tight and not letting my butt come up at all unless the weight moved with it. Hope that helps some

-Robert
Old 05-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:
Smile Re: Help

so much. That advice is very priceless. I'm starting to see the value of this discussion board. I wonder if lifting the way you explained will make that 205 a lot harder to lift or actually make it easier( you said it decreases range of motion). O and yea my parents are so cool I live in a one bedroom apt and was given the bedroom when I was around 16... Now I have all my weight plates in the living room next to the sofa and the rings right there before you enter the living room and a weight bench in my bedroom. Yea we get no visitors
Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Narrowing the stance a bit and in turn the grip will make the lift a bit easier.

Forcing yourself to use more legs though will be very hard and require a lot of tightness in the upper back. That you will probably need to drop weight to get the feel then work your way back up. Just think about if you drew a straight line threw your back that extended to the ground it would make an angle. That angle should stay the same for the first part of the lift, because the legs are doing all the lifting. Rippetoe goes over it in SS if you have that? If I have confused you in any way just ask and I can try to explain better :-P

-Robert
Old 05-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
Dave Hancock

Profile:

I wouldn't say his feet were really wide. Its hard to say from that angle. The main thing I saw was he needs to get his butt down further at the start, and like Robert said, use the legs more in the beginning, ie. don't raise the butt too fast.