CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Response from Planet Fitness on doing CrossFit in their gyms

So, I emailed Planet Fitness corporate to see if they would allow crossfit in their facilities, even limiting it to dumbbell movements and pullups/dips.

Quote:
Comments and Questions: Can i do CrossFit workouts in your Milwaukee gyms? Including doing overhead snatches, cleans, thrusters, and deadlifts with your dumbbells, and burpees? Yes, we sweat a lot, and our workouts are very very intense. Do you have a pull up bar and a dip station, and a place to do kipping pullups? And, can I bring in my rings?
And here's their response:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Planet Fitness! You are invited to stop by the club at anytime to take a tour of the facility and ask any questions. No appointment is needed.

We do not permit the exercises about which you inquired. Due to liability reasons, members are not able to bring in outside equipment. We have the assisted pull-up/dip machine in our gyms. Below if further information about Planet Fitness: (An ad about how great PF is, their so called "Circuit" workout and "Judgement free" workout environment, and "Lunk Alarm"...)

Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Tony Colicchio

Profile:
Re: Response from Planet Fitness on doing CrossFit in their gyms

I am not sure why we need to keep beating up PF. They have their business model and have set it up the way they want to. If you don't want to follow their rules then don't go there, it's really that easy. Would I ever join a PF, no. The workouts I do are not with-in their guidelines.

-tony

Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Jason Wallis

Profile:

It's kinda like emailing a crossfit box and asking why you can't just come in and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes...

Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Wallis View Post
It's kinda like emailing a crossfit box and asking why you can't just come in and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes...
exactly. i'm sure many people think crossfit gyms are just as silly for not allowing people to come in and workout when and how they want. and no one would be suprised if a powerlifting gym didn't offer a pilates class. there are different places for different people for a purpose.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Pearse Shields

Profile:

"Hello, Pizza Hut? I'd like to order one Big Mac combo please."

Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Since most crossfitters are obnoxious, you'd probably get better results if you didnt call it that.

If you just happened to do some dumbell / barbell exercises supersetted with some pullups I'm sure they'd be okay with that

Old 01-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Jonathan Dudley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Wallis View Post
Good point...

Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Richard Paul Ham-Williams

Profile:

Wont surprise me if they have to change their "Judgement free zone" tag line in the future as they clearly do judge...."Lunk alarm" is judging someone as a lunk....

Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Camille Lore

Profile:  

From the Site Rules:
Posts that exist primarily to complain about how other fitness sites handle their pricing, marketing, user policies, or other aspects of board management belong on that site, not on CrossFit. This policy includes using the CrossFit board to criticize other fitness personalities and sites for their content.

Closed Thread