CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-31-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Rahsaan Kimbrow

Profile:
Anybody Crossfit in and around Baltimore?

It would be cool to get a good movement going in the area.... i've met a few kettlebellers a Oly lifter or 2.... but not too many people can muster the courage to workout CF style.... maybe we could get a group together, or is there already a group that i don't know about?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
Alex McClung

Profile:
Re: Anybody Crossfit in and around Baltimore?

Hi Rahsaan,

No organized infection in B-more that I know of, but plenty of isolated cases. DC has seen great action thanks to Brose and crew. I think there's an affiliate brewing down in Annapolis, and some action in Silver Spring as well. I recall hearing some rumblings in Catonsville a few weeks ago. I'm out in Carroll County, near Sykesville, and I don't get in to the city too often. If you ever want to come out to the country some weekend, I have a garage full of bumpers, sandbags, a pullup bar & rings, a C2, and a huge tire. I can probably muster half a dozen for a Saturday improv.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Judd Borakove

Profile:

Guys,

I am opening in Rockville still a hike for you, but i know of some other CF'ers out in Bmore. If you want i can get you in touch with them. I know they are always looking for people to work out with.

Judd
Old 10-31-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
Rahsaan Kimbrow

Profile:

Re Alex

cool..... we should get something going..... Carroll County is a hike, but not that bad.... shoot me an e-mail Rahsaan at nlpf dot net

Re Judd

I have family in Rockville, a visit is not out of the question..... good luck with the opening...
Old 11-01-2007, 07:38 AM   #5
Michael Bograd

Profile:

Judd, Where in Rockville are you setting this up, I would definitely be interested. Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Steven Low

Profile:

wfs:
http://www.crossfitextremefitness.com/

It's off Southlawn drive (which is off of east gude).

I will most likely be there for the grand opening.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
Dale Ryan Thompson

Profile:

Hey all,
I am currently in the process of leasing 3000sqft in Hanover MD to move crossfit annapolis north. I am planning to start running classes around the 14th of November in the new building. Hope this may help.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
Philip Stablein

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Ryan Thompson View Post
Hey all,
I am currently in the process of leasing 3000sqft in Hanover MD to move crossfit annapolis north. I am planning to start running classes around the 14th of November in the new building. Hope this may help.
That sounds most excellent!

Rashaan, I live in Fed Hill and CrossFit in both Riverside Park (did Helen last night ) and in some small garage space and a field in Fells (where I keep the weights). I don't have bumpers, rings, a rower or anything fun. I do have some kettlebells, some metal weights that we lift on grass, and a jungle gym to do pull-ups on.

I am actually from Rockville, and know Judd and his crew, will certainly be there for the grand opening and periodically thereafter.

drop me a line, stablein at g mail dot com
Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 AM   #9
Philip Stablein

Profile:

Ha! After reading your site Rashaan, it seems you have more to offer than I have to offer you! So coy!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
Charles J. Starkey

Profile:

Hey all, CF newbie here, truly just starting. Started a discussion on the BrandX site in the forum about CF buddies or facilities in Maryland. I live in Halethorpe (right between Catonsville and BWI), so Annapolis is too far for daily workouts. Glad to hear you opened in Rockville- Congrats! That's out of the way for daily stuff too, but nice to see growth. On the BrandX forum I just learned their may be an informal box opening near BWI next month. I'll post back here if/when I learn more. I've been brooding over a dream I have to open a fully fledged CF affiliate gym in Catonsville. Lots of communities in the area that I think would make a good client base (UMBC, CCBC, etc). Would quit my current lame job in a heartbeat if I could find investors and some help to actually do it! Any thoughts? I'm gonna come visit your Rockville place and Annapolis to check it out and maybe get some pointers.

Feel free to email me.