CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
Tristan Warneke

Profile:
Smile Quote from my new training partner

I've been CrossFitting for 1 year as of last week and have seen a dramatic change (about 20#s lighter, a lot stronger, and just in general more fit and less lazy), but this testimonial isn't about that, it's about the Fight Gone Bad that I did with my new training partner (I've been solo up until just recently) and the best quote I've had aimed at me in a long while.

He's in his 2nd week of CF, so warm-up, run through skills and we're set to go.
A little grumbling from him through the first round and we get to the rest which he goes "What? Only 1 minute???" I smile and grab the water bottle.
2nd round and he's just staring at me and shaking his head for the minute of rest...
2nd to last minute of the 3rd round while he's doing Push-Presses and I'm doing our sub for Rowing, he tells me, "You are a sick man for making me do this. If I had any energy left right now I'd come over there and kick you in the crotch." At which my reply was, "Good! It means you're working hard and not wimping out on me." The two other people in the workout area near us just started laughing.

5 minutes after finishing when we could talk again and one of our friends finally made it to the gym (he missed all the fun), my partner is all excitedly talking about Fight Gone Bad and how we should run the new guy through it. Yeah, I think I have a CF convert in the making in my new partner.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Daniel Washburn

Profile:
Re: Quote from my new training partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Warneke View Post
"You are a sick man for making me do this. If I had any energy left right now I'd come over there and kick you in the crotch."
I think I was saying that to myself during FGB this week.

Awesome story!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
Lisbeth Darsh

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Warneke View Post
"You are a sick man for making me do this. If I had any energy left right now I'd come over there and kick you in the crotch."
Thanks for the story. I told it to my CF class the other night and they all got a good kick out of it. I think we all can relate!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Robert Callahan

Profile:

That is a great story! and i love it

-Robert