CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Gary Butterfield

Profile:
Aussie CrossFitters

Hi guys,

Me and a friend are hopefully coming 'down under' for new year, and I was wondering if anyone had a spare room to rent or if anyone could put us up for a week?

We're coming to Sydney first and we should get there on the 30th December 2011. We'll be heading out via plane to Melbourne on 6th January 2012 and staying there for a week before flying to my friends in Perth on the 13th January 2012. Eventually when we come home we'll be getting on the long plane back to the cold on the 20th January 2012.

My mate isn't into CrossFit, but I'd like to hit an affiliate in each city whilst I'm there, experience the Australian style of doing things and make new international friends in the process.

If anyone could help us out it would be massively appreciated, we need to find places in both Sydney and Melbourne. If there's any rugby league matches being played whilst there I'd be well up for going to that too, as a Gold Coast Titans fan I like to follow a bit of the NRL (Leeds Rhinos are still king though!).

Thanks guys, and hope to speak to you all soon.

Gary :-)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Tom TJ Jones

Profile:
Re: Aussie CrossFitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Butterfield View Post
Hi guys,

Me and a friend are hopefully coming 'down under' for new year, and I was wondering if anyone had a spare room to rent or if anyone could put us up for a week?

We're coming to Sydney first and we should get there on the 30th December 2011. We'll be heading out via plane to Melbourne on 6th January 2012 and staying there for a week before flying to my friends in Perth on the 13th January 2012. Eventually when we come home we'll be getting on the long plane back to the cold on the 20th January 2012.

My mate isn't into CrossFit, but I'd like to hit an affiliate in each city whilst I'm there, experience the Australian style of doing things and make new international friends in the process.

If anyone could help us out it would be massively appreciated, we need to find places in both Sydney and Melbourne. If there's any rugby league matches being played whilst there I'd be well up for going to that too, as a Gold Coast Titans fan I like to follow a bit of the NRL (Leeds Rhinos are still king though!).

Thanks guys, and hope to speak to you all soon.

Gary :-)
Sorry Gary, can't help out with a room. Once you get accomodation sorted, there are some good affiliates in Syd, Melb and Perth for what I hear. Unfortunately, no rugby league during that period, is our Summer. You could probably get to a cricket game though....