CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #701
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:
Re: Cfcc Bccc 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Giffin View Post
So CFCC BCCC is officially over for me, as I weighed in this morning. I am actually happy with the results and perhaps all the effort (and complaining throughout the way) was worth it

I really want to thank Erin and Greg for giving me the tools and the information to succeed (at this point it isn't about if i can win the challenge or not). But who knew that eating more food could actually lead to weight loss?!? Perhaps Erin was right when she told me to eat more a few months back...

But I think I am going to stick with the challenge "rules for eating" and see if I can continue to see some change. Although I must admit, I am a bit bummed...I have been craving a scoop of ice cream for weeks now and that was going to be my splurge after the challenge....but when I woke up this morning the craving was gone...oh well
I am so about to go to Scoop DeVille right now
Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #702
Kristin D'Aco

Profile:

Forgot to post for Friday and Saturday... I'm doing my official weigh in tomorrow (monday).

Friday:
Protein 132g (+17g)
Carb 115g (-30g)
Fat 60g (+2g)

Saturday:
Protein 107g (-8g)
Carb 106g (-39g)
Fat 59g (+1g)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...wner=juniperkd

Congrats to everyone who's finished so far!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #703
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Giffin View Post
So CFCC BCCC is officially over for me, as I weighed in this morning. I am actually happy with the results and perhaps all the effort (and complaining throughout the way) was worth it

I really want to thank Erin and Greg for giving me the tools and the information to succeed (at this point it isn't about if i can win the challenge or not). But who knew that eating more food could actually lead to weight loss?!? Perhaps Erin was right when she told me to eat more a few months back...

But I think I am going to stick with the challenge "rules for eating" and see if I can continue to see some change. Although I must admit, I am a bit bummed...I have been craving a scoop of ice cream for weeks now and that was going to be my splurge after the challenge....but when I woke up this morning the craving was gone...oh well

Rock on girl you did awesome
Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #704
Kelsey Johnson

Profile:

I also want to say "Thank you" to Erin and Greg for designing this challenge and giving us the information and encouragement we needed - I've learned SO much and become encouraged in many ways. CFCCers are such an awesome and supportive group - thank you!! Congrats to everyone for rocking this challenge!

I'm looking forward to learning about macro guidelines for long-term maintenance in a follow-up meeting
Old 09-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #705
Mike Protevi

Profile:

Well, I totally fell half-way off the wagon and worked crazy hours the last two weeks (120) and did not have the time nor psychic space to concentrate on food - although I did keep making smarter choices amongst all the pizza and sandwiches I scarfed down in between conference calls and late nights designing and redesigning...

Came out ahead nonetheless: Results as follows... probably weaker as I haven't been WODing... but felt good to come in yesterday... creaky as I am after that work marathon...

Weight: 174 lbs. (-8 lbs)
Waist at navel: 35.25 (-2.5")
Bicep Flexed: 15? (damn, i liked the 16.5" guns)
Bicep Relaxed: 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Protevi View Post
PROTEVI - Stats and Goal for CFCC BCCC

8/2/10 - current
Weight: 182 lbs.
Waist at navel: 37.75
Bicep Flexed: 16.5
Bicep Relaxed: 15

Lean body mass: 151lbs (est. @17% body fat)

9/9/10 - goal
Weight: 168 lbs
Lean body mass: 151lbs (goal @10% body fat)
Old 09-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #706
Meghan Reid

Profile:

I really appreciate it too - thanks to Erin and Greg and all of you for putting up with my *****ing and moaning. Like Uncle Pro, I fell off after week 2 due to a combination of things that made it hard. Emotional and practical. Not sure if I want to get weighed and measured right now, because the results might upset me. Despite everything I FEEL a little leaner but I know that my eyes aren't always the best judge of how I look.

But I do want to keep going, using the macro ratios I set for myself as a guide and a checkpoint rather than obsessing. Like Stu said awhile ago, if you don't have internet access it does make this really difficult, especially if you don't/can't get a good routine down. I probably won't have good internet access for another week but I will do the best I can.

I am going to keep logging but more for quality rather than quantity. Not going to lose sight of the forest for the trees, and not going to let one bad meal become a bad day and a worse week. Very happy to say that next week I'll officially be emptying out the kitchen in my apartment and then everything will REALLY be in one place. Looking forward to carrying on.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #707
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Haha everyone fell off the planet!

Yesterday, 9/7/10

5:30 am sweet potatoes/whey/coffee
*So sick in the morning. Skipped the session to sleep a little more. Felt loads better by evening.

9:30 2 hardboiled eggs, apple, coffee, water, 4g fish oil, 5000IUs VitD

1:30 pulled chicken breast w/ salsa, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup peppers/onions
12 oz green beans with 1 pat butter
6pm STARVING - 2 oz cheese, 1/2 clementine
7:30pm: sole fillet with 2 tbsp. marinade (forgot to write down exact ingredients but I bought it specifically because there were only about 5 of them.
broccoli with 1 oz grated cheese (edam)
1 cup boiled root veggies w/ butter
A little cheese + guava paste (didn't really need this)
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #708
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan Waldeck View Post
Haha everyone fell off the planet!

Yesterday, 9/7/10

5:30 am sweet potatoes/whey/coffee
*So sick in the morning. Skipped the session to sleep a little more. Felt loads better by evening.

9:30 2 hardboiled eggs, apple, coffee, water, 4g fish oil, 5000IUs VitD

1:30 pulled chicken breast w/ salsa, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup peppers/onions
12 oz green beans with 1 pat butter
6pm STARVING - 2 oz cheese, 1/2 clementine
7:30pm: sole fillet with 2 tbsp. marinade (forgot to write down exact ingredients but I bought it specifically because there were only about 5 of them.
broccoli with 1 oz grated cheese (edam)
1 cup boiled root veggies w/ butter
A little cheese + guava paste (didn't really need this)
I forgot I had a 17 oz coconut water at lunch.