CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #5071
Nik Nichols

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

SO after all the talk about Ernies sub, Scott are you doing todays WOD? What a test of grip on that.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #5072
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
SO after all the talk about Ernies sub, Scott are you doing todays WOD? What a test of grip on that.
Yes Im leaving for the gym in about 30 minutes, looking forward to it. The squat cleans are going to be the hard part, probably smash through the push ups. You hitting it today Nik?
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #5073
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

15 October 2009

5 rounds for time of:

135lb Hang Squat Clean 15 reps
30 Push Ups

17.55 pr by default

That was a hard workout. Last five days have been really heavy on squat based Oly lifting for me, really pleased to have come through it unscathed injury wise, shows I must be getting stronger in that department. Before if I over-balanced backwards at the bottom of a squat it almost always meant back pain, now something seems different in my posterior chain which kicks in and balances me.

Had a bit of strangeness going on around me at the start of this workout. A man training near me just stopped training and stared at me from about 3ft away, he kept it up for my first 15 squat cleans. He was also talking to himself about hes guns, really weird. After I finished he peeped around a corner and smiled, very strange man. Oh yes and I asked another bloke to start my stopwatch, he did that then stopped it after I completed my first set of cleans so I had to quickly start it again before beginning push ups. Anyway blah blah , still buzzing from workout.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56

Last edited by Scott Jenkins : 10-15-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #5074
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Great time Scott, I was hoping to be closer to you on this one, but...
How did you break it up?
I got 23:59, not bad.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #5075
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Great times Scott and nik! I'm hoping to stay within the 30minute range cuz of my grip. I'm hoping 15-20 minutes but that's before I realized they are hang cleans lol. I thought they were regular cleans where I could regrip on the ground. I'll giving it a go in like 5 hours.

Hey Scott it sounds like u have an admirer at ur globo lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #5076
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Great time Scott, I was hoping to be closer to you on this one, but...
How did you break it up?
I got 23:59, not bad.
Thats great work Nik, it was a very heavy hard workout for me and at your BW a massive achievement to hit it RXD.

Got first 9 cleans consecutive then went with 3/3. The last four rounds it was more like 5/4/3/3. The push ups were mostly consecutive until the last round which was 12/6/6/6, very short breaks between everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Great times Scott and nik! I'm hoping to stay within the 30minute range cuz of my grip. I'm hoping 15-20 minutes but that's before I realized they are hang cleans lol. I thought they were regular cleans where I could regrip on the ground. I'll giving it a go in like 5 hours.

Hey Scott it sounds like u have an admirer at ur globo lol.
Its all about keeping your form on the cleans and not getting sloppy, I nearly missed or lost the bar a couple of times when I got tired. Hit it hard Ernie its a tough one.

Didnt get the impression he was an admirer, more like just a bit weird and maybe it was me doing the 'Strange Movement' (HSC) that got hes attention.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #5077
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Good job Scott, it looks like a nice workout. I'm sure that dude was just really confused about the HSCs, and I'm just not sure why he was talking about his guns (thats odd).

Ernie I think thats interesting that your time estimate went up when realizing the cleans were from the hang. For some reason I thought they were from the ground until I read your post and now my time estimate is faster. The cycling would be alot faster from the hang position, atleast for me. And you can put the bar down whenever you need to regrip. Basically takes 75 deadlifts (and negatives) out of the workout.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #5078
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

My estimate went up on the time because my grip endurance sucks. When it's regular cleans I can pause at the bottom re-grip and hit a lot more consecutive that way. I can't do that with hang cleans because I try to keep the same pace and lose the bar. So it's gets frustrating and just takes me longer. I less efficietn that way. But will give it my best.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #5079
Fergus Lally

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
15 October 2009

5 rounds for time of:

135lb Hang Squat Clean 15 reps
30 Push Ups

17.55 pr by default

That was a hard workout. Last five days have been really heavy on squat based Oly lifting for me, really pleased to have come through it unscathed injury wise, shows I must be getting stronger in that department. Before if I over-balanced backwards at the bottom of a squat it almost always meant back pain, now something seems different in my posterior chain which kicks in and balances me.

Had a bit of strangeness going on around me at the start of this workout. A man training near me just stopped training and stared at me from about 3ft away, he kept it up for my first 15 squat cleans. He was also talking to himself about hes guns, really weird. After I finished he peeped around a corner and smiled, very strange man. Oh yes and I asked another bloke to start my stopwatch, he did that then stopped it after I completed my first set of cleans so I had to quickly start it again before beginning push ups. Anyway blah blah , still buzzing from workout.
17.55 - great work!!

also sounds like you made a friend today
Old 10-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #5080
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Todays wod looks sweet, i'm behind on the MP but im just catching up as I go along. I reckon that dude was talking to his biceps and not about them, begging them to grow or something